Could Someone help me Guidance on Implementing Advanced Camera Controls in MonoGame?

Hello there,

I am working on a game project and am looking to implement advanced camera controls using MonoGame. Mainly, I would like to achieve smooth, dynamic camera movements that follow the player character while allowing for zooming and rotation.

I have already implemented a basic camera system that follows the player, but I am struggling to add the additional functionality I mentioned. I have researched various techniques such as using matrices for transformations and lerping for smooth movements, but I am unsure how to integrate these into my existing code.

Could anyone provide guidance or point me to resources/tutorials that cover these advanced camera techniques in MonoGame?

Also, I have taken help from this: Best practice for using a camera in MonoGame? tableau which definitely help me out a lot.

I am particularly interested in examples that demonstrate how to smoothly zoom in/out and rotate the camera around the player.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi @rich Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried asking over in the Discord community yet?

You may receive a faster response there.

We are trying to slowly move people off this old forum onto GitHub Discussions and also Discord.

Happy Coding!