Developed on win 8.1, wont run on win 7. WHY?

Hello folks…
Started a project on windows 7 using XNA, long ago… Migrated to windows 8 and monogame…

I cant find any relevant info, even though I see a lot of people having issues with this:

my newer mono version is made from the windows desktop sharpdx template, and runs fine on win 8 but never on win 7…? WHY :frowning:

Shouldnt my game run on BOTH windows, like normal games?
-I dont use anything fancy, like 3rd party libraries or anything advanced, no addons of any kind, only what came with the newest monogame, and the template, and visual studio 2010…
-and my content, ofcoarse, but thats just pngs and txts and wavs and stuff…

MUST i use openGL for windows 7, or are sharpdx games SUPPOSED to be able to run on both windows versions?

(yes, Openal is included with my project and/or manually installed on every test machine… Even when its not, that just cuts the sound, game still runs.)

I’m I supposed to have a vesrion of my game for every platform? What happened to “write once, play everywhere?”
…I’m frustrated… all my game does is rotate vectors and draw sprites…
I feel like windows versions shouldnt be an issue here, AT ALL…

Anyone have ANYTHING for me? This is getting re-dick-ulous… I dont even have anymore phrases to enter into google, which is the second engine I killed today looking for answers… This is the worst feeling… Not even knowing the right question to ask…

Hope you can save me. My eyes are bleeding… sob…

DIrectX does run on all versions of Windows. What error are you getting? Are you using the nuget packages? If so it may be this in which case to solve I built monogame on my own Win 7 machine which solves the problem.

Hi! Thank you for your time!

I dont know what nuget packages are, so i dont think I’m using them? :slight_smile:
I dont use anything not a part of the standard monogame-template.

I’m getting the bug from testers on win7, so I cant repeat the error here, on win8…

The error is a crash on the final part of the install… Before the game icon appears on the desktop.

-Then the computer recognizes it as already installed (cant attempt again unless I send them a new version)
but also, cant UN-install, (not listed!)… … …

Of-coarse, I did recieve a bug/crash report, consisting of 3 files, but I dont have the knowledge-level to learn anything usefull from that…
-Other than I can recognize the names listed, like my games .exe file, sharpDX, and stuff like that…

There is a mini-dump file that lists a bunch of DLLs, and my game, but doesnt list sharpDX or openal, but I dont even know what that means…

Aslo, there were 2 text files with bug-related tech-talk above my pay-grade… whcich is ‘free’…
in case anyone has any idea whats going on, I’ll paste both right here:

Heres from one file, called somethingsomething-“internal metadata”:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 (0x3): Windows 7 Home Premium HomePremium 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144 1130 Multiprocessor Free X64 1033 CLR20r3 vector ball.exe 1.0.0.0 54b5734d SharpDX 2.5.0.0 520576e7 9a3 14 SharpDX.SharpDXException 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 1030 0a9e 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 0a9e 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 39B3BABF-B6F9-4CC4-B98E-64EF8EAB3397 1043_ASUSTEK_N53SV_V20_WIN7 ASUSTeK Computer Inc. N53SV N53SV.215

AND here is somethingsomething appcompat:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>