Downgrade mondevelop to 6.0 on Linux Mint or install monogame 3.8

Hi.
How to install monodevelop 6.0 ? I’ve followed this instruction link, but it installs monodevelop 7 and in Add-ins extensions I get an error that this version is not compatible with monogame 3.7.
Another way to install monogame 3.8, but there are no tutorials.

it doesn’t help

This installs monodevelop stable, and when I go to Add-ins it throws an error:
Could not get information from repository: http ://addins.monodevelop.com/Beta/Linux/6.2/main.mrep.

Tried another way and getting an error:
Getting restore information for project /home/a/myprojects/MyGame/MyGame.csproj
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/5.0.103/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.TargetFrameworkInference.targets(54,5) : error MSB4186: Invalid static method invocation syntax: “[MSBuild]::GetTargetFrameworkIdentifier(’$(TargetFramework)’)”. Method ‘[MSBuild]::GetTargetFrameworkIdentifier’ not found. Static method invocation should be of the form: $([FullTypeName]::Method()), e.g. $([System.IO.Path]::Combine(a, b)). Check that all parameters are defined, are of the correct type, and are specified in the right order.
Unable to create package spec for project.
And all ‘using’ import are highlighted in red.

Got it working !

Andrew_O_Bannon: I’m having the same problem. Can you share what you did to resolve?

Hello, Richard.
What is your Linux?
And what exact error do you get?

Andrew - thanks for the reply.

the error is …

/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/5.0.103/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.TargetFrameworkInference.targets(54,5) : error MSB4186: Invalid static method invocation syntax: “[MSBuild]::GetTargetFrameworkIdentifier(’$(TargetFramework)’)”. Method ‘[MSBuild]::GetTargetFrameworkIdentifier’ not found. Static method invocation should be of the form: $([FullTypeName]::Method()), e.g. $([System.IO.Path]::Combine(a, b)). Check that all parameters are defined, are of the correct type, and are specified in the right order.

And in project properties > Build > General, I have nothing in the pulldown - it says (greyed out) …

[MSBuild]::GetTargetFrameworkVersion(’$(TargetFramework)’, 2 (Not Installed)

Yet I have 3 different versions of .net core installed, according to Preferences > SDK Locations.

Thanks!

Oh, and I’m on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Sorry for late reply.
In my sdk folder there are two folders: 3.1.406 and 5.0.200.
I think you need to have only one .net version installed. 5.0. for example.
Then I followed the instructions https://community.monogame.net/t/install-monogame-3-7-1-on-linux-mint-19-2-tina-cinnamon/11793
I think you will have to change this line: "

echo "deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/ubuntu vs-bionic main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-vs.list " 

according to your ubuntu repo.
In my case “ubuntu vs-bionic”. I got monodevelop and monodevelop-stable. Stable doesn’t work.
Then you run monodevelop there should be monogame project.
And I changed “any CPU” onto “anyCPU” in the .sln file. Project- RMB - tools - edit file, to avoid red cross on the project.