DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED when window is minimized

One of the testers can get this error fairly regularly when tabbing or minimizing the game window.
It does not seem to appear on other machines as much.

The exception itself can be thrown from anywhere in the drawing code.

Does anyone have suggestions to what it is or how to fix it?

The errors started appearing today, perhaps related to Windows update?

What is your local setup?
What is their local setup?

What hardware is in use in both?
What software is in use in both?

Recently there was mention of external monitors being added and causing issues prior to a restart in a similar way, so the question of ‘setup’ above is precisely this, are you or they using additional external monitors and if they are… are they mixing connections such as multi adapters? like internal GPU and add-on GPU ? DX12 latest added a new mixed mode GPU feature and other variants, this could be something…

Others may have more specific ideas; this is just one viewpoint worth investigating, I do not have a fix for the just-added monitors other than suggesting a restart before trying again…

This is a Win 10 desktop pc with 1 monitor.

And theirs?

Having to add more characters to post the message…

I have a laptop with external monitor that does not get the error.

So you mean the same code literally ran fine, with all the expected ‘minimize window’ functionalities, right up until a windows update? That would seem to narrow the search down to that somehow, though I cant help from there…
-Other than to suggest there might have been a tag-along update to some .NET stuff, or culture/region settings…

Otherwise:
I have had to update various older code a bit, as technology, and my own pc, evolved. When switching to mono from xna, when installing a new editor, and when upgrading to the new windows…
It has always been down to something like the using statements and a few other configurations, rather than changing actual game-logic…