Recently I was building one of my projects when suddenly my monitor had a complete meltdown giving off that one staticky screen you might see on a bad tv, even refusing to bluescreen. I restarted my computer and opened up my project again and to my displeasure a new bug had appeared.
Error: DEP1900: Cannot read the recipe file “C:\Users\HarambeCrompten\source\repos\KnockDownTest\KnockDownTest\bin\x64\Debug\KnockDownTest.build.appxrecipe”. InvalidProjectFileException - The project file could not be loaded. Root element is missing"
Frankly I didn’t have any idea what the heck a appxrecipe file was so I moved a jerk file somewhere and went to see if it would run (it did not) so I checked out what the file was. Trying to open the file it didn’t seem clear what to open it with but luckily sublime text worked and all I saw was a bunch of zeros
So I decided to look in another MonoGame Project I had been using for learning (even though I still am learning… the basics… a lot) and Hurrah I found this
Now I don’t know for sure exactly what any of this mumbo jumbo is but I bet its important. I think I’m about a good 2-3 hours (maybe not sometimes that thought means its gonna be 2 days) from figuring out how to fix this in my solution but hey if anybody figures it out serious props to you! Probs good to document this cause when I looked up Error DEP1900 I didn’t find anything helpful.
I’ll post if I figure out how to re-create or somehow retrieve my old recipe file.