established forum culture / member "policing"...?

Hello all!

I’ve been reminding a few people to mark their posts with [SOLVED] when they are so, and I’ve observed a few others doing the same…

-But the more I do it, the more I hear this forum-post generating itself…

Is that, or should that be, established culture, OR is it just a minority opinion? -And if we agree its a good idea to add [SOLVED] where applicable, should we remind each other to do so? I don’t want to be “that guy” if nobody really cares…

On my previous dev forum [They killed their platform so I had to advance up to MonoGame which was always the plan] Moderators did the task of changing titles to more useful titles and marked them with useful tags including SOLVED / FIXED etc…

But keep in mind they are just any other forum user given the option of enacting a duty of taking the time to do such work for free…

I would assume if there are any moderators on here, that they have little time as it is to perform such a task regularly… I have a hard enough time keeping up with new posts let alone editing a message or such… [Although technically I was passive whereas now I am actively engaged with MonoGame full time as of the 1st of October 2016]

To add to the above, it was common for other users other than the Original Poster [OP] to mention having the title changed to an appropriate tag…

Valentine.

I like the SOLVED tag! Makes it obvious if a post is worth checking out if you’re just looking for a quick solution to a common problem. My only concern is it might confuse users that there are a lot of older solved topics not marked as such.

Btw if you’re really active on the forum you become a regular and you get some moderator privileges like editing a topics category or title!

1 Like

Yeah, good point about the back-log of non-solved posts…

I dont know if there is a good solution… You think its worth reminding people? Or is that just hassling them?

A little nudge goes a long way…