Fedora 32 'mgcb-editor' issue

So after installing everything as I would in Windows via cli. I’m running into a wall with regards to getting mgcb-editor installed and running. Fedora is saying ‘dot-net-mgcb’ is installed but I am unable to register it. This is what I’m getting. Seems it’s not pointing to mt proper dotnet install which is in lib64.

It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
The specified framework ‘Microsoft.NETCore.App’, version ‘3.1.0’ was not found.

Tried searching for the ‘mgcb-editors’ install location and I come up with nothing. Any ideas?

What do you get when running the command dotnet --version?

All the SDKs are there as I have no issue doing any core web stuff. It’s just assuming dotnet is in /root/dotnet as opposed to where it’s really at which is /lib64/dotnet.

So don’t know if there’s a config file somewhere to change its pointer.

All the SDKs are there

What does “all the SDKs” mean? You have every single dotnet SDK installed? There’s a lot of them so I find it hard to believe.

as I have no issue doing any core web stuff

That’s a fun assumption but it only really tells us that you have a version of dotnet installed, and not the necessarily the correct one.

In your first post you wrote that you had installed 2.1.23, but MonoGame requires 3.1.0 minimum. I thought it was odd which is why I wanted you to post the version to make sure.

If you make sure the correct SDK is installed then maybe it will install to the correct disk location as well

Ok ok I give…Currently 2.1.x and 3.1.x are installed. It also looks as if 2.1.x is in 2 places. /root/dotnet and /lib64/dotnet. /root/dotnet is not the PATH’d default install. So no idea why register is looking in /root/dotnet. Does mgcb-ediitor have a config file somewhere that’s pointing to it’s own default location for dotnet?

Made some progress. I deleted the /root/dotnet folder and did a re-install. I can open up the editor via cli. But still unable to --register. When I attempt to --register I get this.

Failed to register MGCB Editor
Unhandled exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘/root/.local/share/applications/mgcb-editor.desktop’.