Free music

Hello to all,
can you suggest where I can download free music for my game?

I’ve downloaded a lot of free music from the Unity Asset Store , and you can try to learn how to make some music

There is a frequent thread here which has what you need, let me see if I can find it…

There you go.

Oh yes, there’s a lot of interesting stuff there.

1 Like

It’s not clear to me the concept of Extension Asset license for free songs. Can they be used freely without even giving credits to the author?

Remember to credit the guy that made them, either in a text file or within the game credits.

Yes, of course.

1 Like

The official statement is that most assets can be used in other engines, but you need to pay attention to the restrictions, some are not allowed, it is recommended that you read the Unity Asset Store terms of use carefully before using

has lots of free (and paid) assets, including sound tracks.

freesound.org can be a good choice (just full fill the licensing requirements, most are some form of CreativeCommons). However, just be aware that using publicly available assets, is a good choice, if you cannot create music/art yourself nor afford to hire anyone, something to be aware of is that there are a few games on itch.io that use the same artwork, making them very difficult to distinguish one from the other.

That being said, you can (within licensing requirements) remix the music, to give it a different sound.

A good program which I use is LMMS for which there are many great tutorials out there to get you started.