Fun with 2D particles

8 Likes

Hey! That looks awesome! I was trying some visual effects with particles for my 2D game too. Nothing out of ordinary though. Some effects actually slowed down the prototype performance :frowning: In time, I’ll try to make optimizations in my code.
Does this effect of yours make use of the bloom logic of @kosmonautgames or parts of it? I used that bloom shader with Color.White… Thinking about using with shades of orange now :thinking:

1 Like

Is this basically telling the particles to seat within an area? [Which I thought would create an outline, but because you spawned them in a splatter, they filled in the voids…

hmm :thinking:

Cool!

Neat :slight_smile:

Haha you should consider having each particle fade to a cluster of pixels that match the underlying source image colour and then cross fade with the image itself for a neat little transition to a static image :smiley:

Anyway, nice work! Particles are always fun to play with.

2 Likes

cool :+1:

1 Like

The particles are just drawn with SpriteBatch, so no post processing happening here.

You should throw that bloom/glow filter at it and just see what happens haha.

1 Like

Heresy! Joking, it looks great.

1 Like

It looks really cool! How did you make that glow? With transparent sprite?

1 Like

Yes, the particles are transparent. The glow comes from the additive blend mode when drawing the particles.

1 Like

I had a little bit of time and quickly put this together in a hurry. I experimented with bloom also.

Please consider subscribing to my Youtube channel if this little guy hopefully does not scare you too much ^^

4 Likes

Already Subscribed ^^

1 Like

More content is already planned, but it takes time.

I try to get more subscriptions especially on YouTube and also Twitter as this will motivate me to create more content.

You can ask questions on YouTube or leave me sone info what content you want to see next or what topics are most interesting.

3 Likes