✔ ☕ General Conversation Thread

I don’t have a clue. Never used a gamepad with MG before

1 Like

Hmm, I am still in the middle of moving, will be three to four weeks before I can potentially get back to my studies… my birthday is coming up too and hoping to take a trip for a few days so likely I can test for it around mid to end of April lol…

How about everyone else? any half term periods coming up? I have to delay my trip to after my birthday as it sits right in the middle of a peak travel time lol… and on the day, usually nothing is open… so yeah I hate my birthday lol…

Well, this explains a lot…

http://www.monogame.net/2017/03/01/monogame-3-6/

http://www.monogame.net/2017/03/02/monogame-and-the-xbox-live-creators-program/

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/games/xbox/xboxlive/creator

http://www.monogame.net/2017/03/01/monogame-3-6/

Discuss!

EDIT

Unable to comment on the post, but I think a small notice about the download being recently created causing download scans to throw up security issues, not an issue for seasoned users but new users may be thrown back by this…

I’ve got something pretty cool im working on i thought of it yesterday when adding a sky cube…
To generate a skycube then directly tesselate it into a skysphere from code on custom vertex data on load.
So all you would need is a texture and the class and to select which one you want.

I was thinking it would be nice to just pick which one a texture would be, without needing a model and use it for the sky or things like planets or spheres or circular objects.
I made a cube that takes the cross or six sided faced square type of images and lets you select which face goes to which part of the image. Ill see if i can get it generate a sphere from that and post it. It seems pretty straight forward though.

This thread is getting massive lol.

1 Like

So, using a bump map style effect? seams feasible as it will be out in the distance… but preventing it from lighting effect changes?

Yep, I was thinking to allow this thread to die when it hits 500 posts and start a fresh one with 2 in the title, which links back to this thread in the first post… but if having a lot of posts is ok, then it can continue I guess as the jump to post feature works pretty well… and it does not load every post through the thread… seemingly…

I just updated one of my apps, felt so damn good doing that… it is in certification already, Windows Store has had some changes within the past two months, one is a 32x32 pixel target icon and icon, hard to explain but you need two 32x32 pixel icons in addition and also there is a new Korean Rating board feature in the ratings section… I had to just select a none to declare type option, hmm all these rating boards are starting to get annoying… regardless of them having a purpose, they should be free to use… my understanding is; they cost you per submission…

Anybody else have experience with ratings boards that they can share? or perhaps links of stories from Indie devs? could be useful for the U-MG-RL thread… do post them in there if you find any with useful content… especially of horror stories where a lesson was learned…

Things getting rather intense on my side, how goes you guys?

Hey guys…

Just had a sudden thought, I don’t know how the search feature works, if it searches just titles of posts or content as well…

But while commenting on this thread earlier:

I started thinking, hmm it relates to legal stuff, so I thought why not prefix it with [LEGAL] making it possibly easier to categorise further in search results…

I have been fixing the placement of [SOLVED] on many posts recently as well, I hope nobody minds this as with it being in two places it kind of gets tiring hunting for it whereas with a fixed offset for the titles and the placement on the prefixes kind of reduces time taken to hunt for things… especially in searches… as the [SOLVED] prefix is clearer and quicker to identify… [well I am blind so perhaps only I have the issue…]

So I was hoping I was not annoying anybody by doing it these past few days… it also gives a cleaner more organised appearance across the site, I do not mind taking the time to do this, but I mostly do it for threads I have read wholly or after reading the first post in most threads so I might miss prefixing some but I will aim to do all even the ones that do not relate to my workflow, at least I can understand MonoGame across the board this way :slight_smile:

Anyway, I hope it is not annoying for anybody… and I hope it is seen as useful, if not… I can try to restrain my OCD lol

Valentine

EDIT

I have fixed the prefixes all the way back to January of this year, so anything older will still have placement and formats all over the place… I will do my best to keep new posts in check.

I watched that whole video on legal stuff you posted with that game lawyer guy very informative stuff. Solved I might have started that trend, or not, i got the idea from stack overflow i noticed other people do it too.

I didn’t know you had forum editing ability and i had thought the forum had been on autopilot this whole time, but its a good idea and i doubt anyone minds.

Ah i had to take a break.
My head is spinning i was working on doing the tesselation of a skybox and realized its even harder then if i was just doing it to a mesh.
Basically because skybox’s use 6 textures and those uv’s have to be treated as seperate meshes and the indices and vertice arrays need to be treated as a whole if you want to be able to interchange it with a hdrmap later on.
(which i haven’t added but i have done it separately before its simple, at least the pinch pole version is).

So anyways i map a cube up one level to were its basically a sort of a polyhexahedron (i dunno if that’s actually a word).

It works yaaay!!! (this maps to 24 quads 54 vertices and 144 indices)

I map that one more time and it screws it all up lol but the data looks ok.
(it maps to 96 quads 150 vertices and 576 indices each face has 96 indices)
Im sure its probably the mapping order but is it hard to find the disorder in all the chaos of the data output.

I swear im getting a headache from staring at numbers.

1 Like

A forum I used to traverse had icons and prefixed formats to place indicators in front of a post title for easy identification… will build it into my custom forum too… very handy feature!

Yeah I got re-categorisation and title editing at most… thanks for the opinion :slight_smile:

Screenshots or it never happened :stuck_out_tongue:

Proof you were looking at numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish I were more confident with numbers… and equations…

@willmotil I need to ask, but better I ask in private message so I will send you one shortly…

I just wanted to wait till i actually got somewhere.

Kappoow.

Im quite happy with myself.
This was a pain in the ass i was both sick of it and momentarily … obsessed lol.

What a annoying bug…
Turns out the lerp i wrote for the vertices was backwards !.

If i tessellated it just one time it worked because the average was .5 dead center which is what was being regenerated so like lerping 0 to 1 came out right
0, .5, 1
but lerping 2 new vertices would be like
0, .66, .33, 1

Ill be posting a straight example to how to do it when i clean it all up…
but not just yet, The Walking Dead is on in 15 minutes !!!
I might crash after that, i was getting annoyed and now i got a headache.
So it might have to wait a minute.

1 Like

A dedicated thread post sounds deserved! Well Done!

That’s a great idea actually.
The only thing better than that would be if the board owners would enable tags.
Then you could have a tag ‘solved’ instead of changing the title.

1 Like

Yep, but the issue would divert their excellent work away from MonoGame! so we shall make do with our abilities :slight_smile:

Actually, just had a thought… see if this works in the title…

EDIT

I think it works…

I found that the emoticon icons work just as well, can you confirm that you can see a check mark and a key in this thread title? I also tested it on another thread, perhaps it can be used in place of [SOLVED]? but I think [SOLVED] carries more of a META value as well as visual…? yeah, best not add the check mark…

There, found an ideal icon for this thread, a coffee mug :slight_smile:

Lol. It’s a check-box in the settings of the board. :slight_smile:
I like the emoticons though.

1 Like

if you look at your Tab title thingy, it is in colour!

EDIT

Oh, did not understand your first line, possibly but there might be more to it such as a plugin or such and I think the less fiddling with the forum, the better it will function :slight_smile:

The interesting basic effects of scaling a world matrix with Matrix.CreateScale before passing it to basiceffect.

It does everything from fliping the uv’s to reversing the projection matrix perspective direction

bottom one has a negative z on the scale

worldGlobe = worldGlobe * Matrix.CreateScale(.03f, .03f, -.03f); // negated Z scale Proper
1 Like

I remember something about invertion occurring when scaling, just forgot why it occurs…

I used to know i forget why exactly it happens something to do with a negative rotation i suspect.
Then a scale then a viewmatrix change.
Basic effect isn’t designed to take a scaling matrix though so it hits it just like it hit my shader i tested both with the negative x y and z same results.

Moral of the story is if you want to scale a world matrix before passing it to basic effect flip the z, to -z first.

1 Like

I best remember to add this to any tutorial I put together… thinking to allow the tutorials to be added to by various people as well… hmm… obviously with full credits and link backs…

Has me thinking now…

On the only positive note of mine for this week, I finally purchased my domain name for my travel blog which I plan to make headway on, later this year… www.BlindManTravels.net I already put a facebook link together too of the same name… [Still need to put the branding together yet, thought of a fantastic logo for it… just need to get it made now…] I hope to encourage and support and bring light to the condition I suffer and the 1/60,000 [EDIT There are more than 125,000 people with a similar issue but the point I meant to raise was that people assume Blind means zero sight… this is wrong and needs addressing as there are many levels of blindness; it is this fact I wish to bring to the foreground] or so who also have a similar condition… I found that nobody was doing anything about it so… I may as well become my own role model… [Inception?] Unsure at this point to host an independent site for it or blend it into my own blog for simplicity… but I think I may take that route for a while until it grows out of being a sub section… [EDIT 2 I forgot to mention I have already spoken to a national charity that supports blind people here to partner with them in some way to help others in the same situation, I hope I can muster the courage to step up…]

Thanks…

Nice … the site looks very good.

Why not have both. Let your main site with apps make people aware of your cause and your other site. Ask them to visit it ect… and vice versa.

1 Like

Thank you, it is still very much a temporary appearance, I am still a few weeks off from completing my web studies, but with my current situation, it might be the end of April before I get anything going… [Currently at the interesting point of Database interaction, something I have waited a decade to get around to… well almost a decade] though I will have completed my move by the end of this month… no power there until the 20th or so and then hopefully get the gas reconnected sometime in the first week of April… but I just need the electricity connected for now… thank goodness I fitted an electric shower when I did…