How Do I Even Find MonoGame

I’ve never heard of NuGet before, so my question is - how do I even access and use MonoGame?

There are a bunch of packages on NuGet, there’s text everywhere and not a single downloadable executable for this game engine - I have no clue what’s going on. Is this game engine just a shadow on the wall of a cave?

What happened to the good modern days when you can download a game engine, boot it up and start making games in the engine or with your favourite text editor?

Monogame is a framework, just a library you include in your project. It’s not a full engine, which is why you’re getting confused.

So, how do I use it? I haven’t found any info so far that tells me what I’m supposed to do with it and what these NuGet files even are. I haven’t the slightest clue where to start!

There’s a “Get Started” button on the front page, that will lead you to 1-2-3 steps that explains how MonoGame works, how to install, and how to use it. Try that before you try anything else. https://www.monogame.net/

You can download the templates for Visual Studio 2022 or you can set it up with the command line for example:

1 Like

Omg, this hole time I thought MonoGame was what you used to add a Visual Studio 2022 extension when it was the other way around. I’ve had Visual Studio installed for ages now and never bothered opening it because I’ve been using SciTE for all my scripting lately.