How to install the development build?

Hi I would like to install the latest development build of MonoGame but I am not sure how.

I found this tutorial here - is it still up to date?

https://learn-monogame.github.io/how-to/install-develop/

I have added the feed but I don’t understand this line:

1. From the folder with your game’s .csproj:
dotnet add package MonoGame.Framework.DesktopGL --prerelease
dotnet add package MonoGame.Content.Builder.Task --prerelease

How do I add the package specifically from the folder? When I run these commands in Nuget console in VS I just receive an error. I did replace ‘DesktopGL’ with ‘Android’

Thanks

You can run the commands in something like PowerShell, or the Windows Terminal.

In Windows, you can shift + right click in your folder in Windows Explorer and choose “Open in PowerShell”.

There’s also a way to install directly from visual studio, but I forgot how.

Thanks for your reply. After trying to run in command prompt in the folder with the .csproj file I receive this error:

C:\Users[hidden]\source\repos[hidden]>dotnet add package MonoGame.Framework.Android --prerelease
C:\Users[hidden]\source\repos[hidden][hidden].csproj(190,3): error MSB4019: The imported project “C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\5.0.301\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.CSharp.targets” was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration “C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\5.0.301\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.CSharp.targets” is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Unable to create dependency graph file for project ‘C:\Users[hidden]\source\repos[hidden][hidden].csproj’. Cannot add package reference.

Looking at the artifacts, I indeed don’t see any android packages: snip. I guess they are somewhere else?

Edit: here

Thank you very much but how do I install the packages from the link you provided?

Edit: Nevermind I realised I had to manually connect the NuGet package to VS

1 Like

Hi again, I have been using this fine for the past few months but for about a week I haven’t been able to search for updates for the NuGet package. Is there a problem with the server?