How to use gyroscope in wp8 project?

My problem is that visual studio 2012 gives the following error when using gyroscope in monogame 3.2 project:

Error	1	The type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'.	C:\Users\xyz\Projects\xyz\GamePage.xaml.cs	
Error	2	Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\MonoGame\v3.0\Assemblies\WindowsPhone\ARM\MonoGame.Framework.dll]'	C:\Users\xyz\Projects\xyz\GamePage.xaml.cs

Here’s the code I’m trying to use to read sensor data:

Vector3 currentRotationRate = Vector3.Zero;
gyroscope = new Gyroscope();
gyroscope.CurrentValueChanged += new EventHandler<SensorReadingEventArgs<GyroscopeReading>>(gyroscope_CurrentValueChanged);
void gyroscope_CurrentValueChanged(object sender, SensorReadingEventArgs<GyroscopeReading> e)
{
     currentRotationRate = e.SensorReading.RotationRate;
}

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Btw. this error comes from otherwise blank new monogame project.

Hi!

this worked for me, some time ago.

Hi,

thank you for the link. I actually found it before posting my question, but I thought that this problem had been solved some other way by now. Well, I guess I’ll have to follow your example :smile: