I can't find pipeline tool in content.mgcb

I’m fairly new to Monogame and I have been following RB Whitaker’s wiki to learn how to use it. In lesson three, it says to right click the content.mgcb file, press open with, and then find the pipeline tool. I looked through the menu a few times and couldn’t find it. Could anyone help me with this?
Screenshot 2023-08-25 190140
Screenshot 2023-08-25 190122

Hi @WaffleSoul4, Welcome to the Community!

Could you specify the actual page, as I was not immediately able [went through several pages] to find the content you referenced…

@Aristurtle has posted a fix to this before here:

Happy Coding!

1 Like

Yes. Sorry that I wasn’t clear. Monogame - Drawing Text With Spritefonts - RB Whitaker's Wiki.

The issue is you do not have it installed correctly, see above.

EDIT

Future readers disregard this post, as I was on mobile and was unaware the guide mentioned pipeline and not mgcb…

I think you’re looking for the current Default MGCB Editor, just click ok and it should open for you. you probably could have just double clicked the content.mgcb file and it would have just worked.

1 Like

Ah, it is the first one, yes, I was confused why this was an issue…

EDIT

Click Set as Default first though.

EDIT

Will send a message to RB to update it if he can…

EDIT

And my apologies to @WaffleSoul4 for my own confusion here.

1 Like

Thank you🧇! I was preoccupied looking for something named pipeline tool and I didn’t realize it was the same thing I had been using to import images and stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, the “MGCB Editor” is the option you want in that list. I’ve tweaked the tutorial to make that clearer. (I’m kind of thinking maybe the name changed at some point? Not sure if that is true or if I just described it poorly. Either is possible. :smiley:)

2 Likes

It was called the “Content Pipeline Tool” prior to 3.8. Starting with 3.8 it is now the MGCB Editor

Reference: Migrating from 3.7 | MonoGame Documentation

1 Like