Importer 'WavImporter' had unexpected failure in Windows 10

Hello everybody!

My Monogame solutions don’t compile since I moved to Windows 10, visual studio 2015 and 2013 community edition.
Seems like there is a issue with audio files, but I’m not sure.

I try build the same solution in windows 8.1 and works successfully.

I have the following errors:

Error 4 Importer ‘WavImporter’ had unexpected failure! C:/Users/Marc/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MathRaceUni/MathRaceUni/MathRaceUni.Shared/Content/sound/cash.wav MathRaceUni.Windows

Error 10 The command ““C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\Tools\MGCB.exe” /@:“C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni.Shared\Content\Content.mgcb” /platform:WindowsStoreApp /outputDir:“C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni.Windows\Content\bin\WindowsStoreApp” /intermediateDir:“C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni.Windows\Content\obj\WindowsStoreApp” /quiet” exited with code 6. MathRaceUni.Windows

The pipeline tool also fails with audio files.

C:/Users/Marc/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MathRaceUni/MathRaceUni/MathRaceUni.Shared/Content/sound/cash.wav: error: Importer ‘WavImporter’ had unexpected failure!
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso ‘C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni\MathRaceUni.Shared\Content\sound\cash.wav’.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
en System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Audio.AudioContent.Read(String filename)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.WavImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentImporter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
en MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Builder.PipelineManager.ProcessContent(PipelineBuildEvent pipelineEvent)C:/Users/Marc/Documents/Visual Studio 201

Please, someone can give me a little help?
Thanks in advance

Check the folder and file permissions in Windows Explorer. There appears to be an access rights issue here.

Hi,

When I downloaded the project from the control version system (visual studio online), all the folders were created in “read only” mode.

I solved that issue giving permissions to the solution folder and subfolders and files recursively.

Thousand thanks!