Issues on Fire OS HD 10 - System.DllNotFoundException: Couldn't initialize OpenAL because the native binaries couldn't be found.

Hi There,

We are receiving reports of our game not launching on the latest fire hd 10 tables. I posted an issue on github as well with logs from a device, but thought I’d post here as well see if anyone has any ideas.

As far as I can tell its related to OpenAL (though I could be wrong, does anyone know would failing to initialise OpenAL cause the game to not launch?)

Github issue with more details - https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame/issues/7011

It just started occurring so seems to effect only the latest devices. Has anyone encountered this issue or can point me in the right direction of a fix?

We will have a real device to test on later so hopefully will get more details.

Thanks,

So having tested on a real device it is definitely OpenAL at issue. As soon as it begins loading sounds it throws this error:

FuncLoader.LoadLibrary libopenal32.so Not Found!
02-06 17:16:00.631 E/linker (26733): library “/data/app/com.pjmasks.racingheroes-8NkqDeqBMEDFh1CyYFUrYw==/lib/arm/libopenal32.so” (“/data/app/com.pjmasks.racingheroes-8NkqDeqBMEDFh1CyYFUrYw==/lib/arm/libopenal32.so”) needed or dlopened by “(unknown)” is not accessible for the namespace: [name=“(anonymous)”, ld_library_paths=“”, default_library_paths=“/system/lib”, permitted_paths=“”]
02-06 17:16:00.632 I/mono-stdout(26733): FuncLoader.LoadLibrary libopenal32.so Not Found!
02-06 17:16:00.637 E/linker (26733): library “/data/user/0/com.pjmasks.racingheroes/lib/libopenal32.so” (“/data/app/com.pjmasks.racingheroes-8NkqDeqBMEDFh1CyYFUrYw==/lib/arm/libopenal32.so”) needed or dlopened by “(unknown)” is not accessible for the namespace: [name=“(anonymous)”, ld_library_paths=“”, default_library_paths=“/system/lib”, permitted_paths=“”]
02-06 17:16:00.639 E/linker (26733): library “/data/user/0/com.pjmasks.racingheroes/lib/libopenal32.so” (“/data/app/com.pjmasks.racingheroes-8NkqDeqBMEDFh1CyYFUrYw==/lib/arm/libopenal32.so”) needed or dlopened by “(unknown)” is not accessible for the namespace: [name=“(anonymous)”, ld_library_paths=“”, default_library_paths=“/system/lib”, permitted_paths=“”]
02-06 17:16:00.640 I/mono-stdout(26733): FuncLoader.LoadLibrary /data/user/0/com.pjmasks.racingheroes/lib/libopenal32.so Not Found!
FuncLoader.LoadLibrary /data/user/0/com.pjmasks.racingheroes/lib/libopenal32.so Not Found!
Unhandled Exception:

System.DllNotFoundException: Couldn’t initialize OpenAL because the native binaries couldn’t be found.

I’m thinking updating OpenAL might be sufficient?

Yea, I’m seeing this too on my game. My code is running fine on any other Android 9.0 device.

Seems like its a known issue then. In the mean time I’ve switched over to ChaiFoxes.FMODAudio until we get a fix. Don’t know how much work that’d be in your case, but our game has a lot of VO’s and audio and it wasn’t too bad, took me maybe 3-4 hours, and it fixed the issue.

In my case it’s a tough decision. I am nearing completion of my project and the game is tested and working on several Android devices, Apple devices and Windows 10 platforms (including Xbox). Fire tablet was never my target market but since I have one of the new Fire models from Amazon I thought I’d try it out. The game runs fine on one of my older Fire devices so I assured the problem was Fire 10 HD related since they are using their own version of the Android operating system. I might file a bug report with Amazon if I get time but it seems to me they are the one’s with the problem and it should be on their shoulders to address the issue. Anyway, it was nice to hear I am not the only one with this issue. Misery loves company!