Mercury Particle Sandbox - Create Particle Effects, Animations, Banners, Prototypes and more!

A new steam devlog is up:

News-Hub:

A new steam devlog is up:

News-Hub:

This time I talk about the new โ€œProject Hubโ€ - a centralized place for all of your projects, which combines loading and creating a new project in one process!

And - as promised in my last devlog - I also talk about numbers (wishlists, followers) and traffic (page-views, impressions) the Mercury Particle Sandbox got so far.

If you want to read the news with more animations and better formatting, then feel free to read this news on IndieDB / ModDB:

Have a good time and a sparkling new week! :sparkling_heart:

:: Marcel

This time earlier than expected: Devlog #004 is up!

Steam:

IndieDB/ModDB:

This time the main topics are:

• Json-Export [ ! ]
    Export particle effect creations to the JSON file format.

• Custom-Icons
    Add your own icons to entities inside the scene manager.

• View-Icons
    Polishing the โ€œViewโ€ menu by adding icons to the different options you have with this menu.

• Tab-Context-Menu
    A scene-tab now has a context menu which allows further interaction. For example creating new particle scenes or renaming the current scene.

A more detailed description of everything is available in the devlog :slight_smile:

Have fun reading! :page_facing_up:

PS: In the devlog is a new animation created with the Mercury Particle Sandbox. On IndieDB you see a APNG (animated png) with higher quality and less file size and on steam you see the GIF version with lower quality and higher file size. Check it out!

1 Like

Devlog #005 is here!

Steam:

IndieDB/ModDB:

Main topics:

• Deeply Controlable Particles
    Creating particle effects alone and edit them with profiles and modifiers is nice, but the Mercury Particle Sandbox goes deeper by adding an event-system which reacts not only to input from your keyboard or gamepad, but also to custom sandbox-events - all placeable by using the node editor system!

• SteamInput
    The above mentioned input capabilities are happening through the SteamInput api, which basically means, that alot of input devices will be compatible with the sandbox. Further it will be possible to create and activate your own input sets - again fully integrated in the node editor system!

• Navigation
    Got lost in the deep space of the sandbox? This nagivation arrow helps you finding your way back โ€œhomeโ€, which is the center of the sandbox world.

• Color
    The background color of the render window is now changeable. This is helpful when working with specific particle set-ups, which otherwise would be kind of invisible when working with them.

A more detailed description of everything is available in the devlog of course :slight_smile:

:mega: Devlog #006 is here!

Steam:

IndieDB/ModDB:

Main topics:

• Presets & Sample Projects
    To follow the spirit of the old Mercury Particle Editor (some of you might know ( :wink: )) there will be presets and sample projects included within the Mercury Particle Sandbox - right from the start. You will learn from it and jumpstart your own creation ideas!

• Particle Collection
    A huge particle collection, containing over 170 royalty free particle images, will be available in the Mercury Particle Sandbox - also right from the start. I got the official permission from โ€œPeter J Rigbyโ€ to use this collection inside my sandbox for free. Read the devlog to know more about this and the different particle categories!
    (I'm pretty happy about this one, because the licence situation around the included images in the old Mercury Particle Editor is pretty unclear. On top of this the new collection is... well... way bigger and has more types and variations, phew!)

A more detailed description of everything is available in the devlog of course :slight_smile:

:: Marcel DBA Sandbox Blizz