MGCB.exe fails with relative path issue in Xamarin in MacOS

I’m having an issue where my project fails to build during the RunContentBuilder target step of the build. This is a project that I usually work on using Visual Studio in Win10 but wanted to get running using Xamarin on my Mac also. When attempting to build in Xamarin, I get an error saying that MGCB.exe exited with code: 6. Here is the command being run:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/bin/mono “/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/MonoGame/v3.0/Tools/MGCB.exe” /@:"/Users/evan.lennick/Development/switch-mono/Switch/Content/Content.mgcb" /platform:DesktopGL /outputDir:"/Users/evan.lennick/Development/switch-mono/Switch/Content/bin/DesktopGL" /intermediateDir:"/Users/evan.lennick/Development/switch-mono/Switch/Content/obj/DesktopGL"

I went and ran this same command from the top level of my project in the terminal to see more specifically what the error is. When I do i get a message for every piece of content it attempts to load saying:

/Users/evan.lennick/Development/switch-mono/Switch/Sprites/BoardComponents/Powers/power_50.png
/Users/evan.lennick/Development/switch-mono/Switch/Sprites/BoardComponents/Powers/power_50.png: error: The source file ‘/Users/evan.lennick/Development/switch-mono/Switch/Sprites/BoardComponents/Powers/power_50.png’ does not exist!

same thing 137 times and then…

Build 0 succeeded, 138 failed.

The directory it’s looking in here is not correct, it appears to be missing the /Content/ portion of the path. If i cd into the /Content directory and run the same command, it processes all the content files fine and shows 138 successes instead of 138 failures.

I also found this issue on MonoGame’s github that sounds identical to my problem:

SEE REPLY FOR LINK

Seeing as that issue and the PR that attempts to fix it are both Open, is there anything I can do to resolve this? I’m a little bit of a newb when it comes to MonoGame and how it functions so I’m having a little trouble trying to understand why I’m having this problem when so many others don’t seem to as well as any easy ways to get fix it or get around it. Thanks!

I can’t get the forum to let me add a link so I’ll just say that the issue I want to link to is in MonoGame’s github and is issue #4190.

Can you paste in some of the contents of your Content.mgcb file to verify the paths in there?

Here’s the global section:

#----------------------------- Global Properties ----------------------------#

/outputDir:bin/$(Platform)
/intermediateDir:obj/$(Platform)
/platform:DesktopGL
/config:
/profile:Reach
/compress:False

Here is the section under content that correlates to the one failure I posted above:

#begin Sprites/BoardComponents/Powers/power_50.png
/importer:TextureImporter
/processor:TextureProcessor
/processorParam:ColorKeyColor=255,0,255,255
/processorParam:ColorKeyEnabled=True
/processorParam:GenerateMipmaps=False
/processorParam:PremultiplyAlpha=True
/processorParam:ResizeToPowerOfTwo=False
/processorParam:MakeSquare=False
/processorParam:TextureFormat=Color
/build:Sprites/BoardComponents/Powers/power_50.png