MGCB XML issue with Vector2

Hi I am having the following issue

‘Content reader could not be found for Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 type.’

Code that fails
Sprite.SpriteData = ScreenManager.Instance.Content.Load(“data/screens/splashscreen”);

Stack Trace
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ReflectiveReader`1.GetElementReader(ContentTypeReaderManager manager, MemberInfo member)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ReflectiveReader`1.Initialize(ContentTypeReaderManager manager)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.LoadAssetReaders(ContentReader reader)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InitializeTypeReaders()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
   at SpaceGame.GameScreen.LoadContent() in C:\Users\davem\source\repos\SpaceGame\SpaceGame\BaseClasses\GameScreen.cs:line 25
   at SpaceGame.ScreenManager.LoadContent(ContentManager Content) in C:\Users\davem\source\repos\SpaceGame\SpaceGame\BaseClasses\ScreenManager.cs:line 42
   at SpaceGame.SpaceGame.LoadContent() in C:\Users\davem\source\repos\SpaceGame\SpaceGame\Game1.cs:line 35
   at SpaceGame.SpaceGame.Initialize() in C:\Users\davem\source\repos\SpaceGame\SpaceGame\Game1.cs:line 27
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
   at SpaceGame.Program.Main() in C:\Users\davem\source\repos\SpaceGame\SpaceGame\Program.cs:line 11

I created a separate data project where my SpriteData class sits

Sprite Data Class

SplashScreen.xml (obviously built as an XMB at runtime)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<XnaContent xmlns:ns="Microsoft.Xna.Framework">
  <Asset Type="SpaceGame.Data.SpriteData">
    <Path>images/universe</Path>
    <Alpha>1</Alpha>
    <Text></Text>
 </Asset>
</XnaContent>

No Build errors just the run time error and if I remove the Vector2 fields it runs just fine, i have made all fields optional as you can see and am not even referencing a Vector2 field in the XML yet. I have added a reference to SpaceGame.Data debug dll in the the main SpaceGame MGCB which is obviously working because as i said it builds just fine if there are no Vector2 fields in the SpriteData class.

I am completely new to Monogame so this could be an obvious rookie mistake but i cannot find anything online that has helped me here so any help would be appeciated!

Thats so strange, I added a 0 0 node into the xml just to see what happened and the image loaded. I then took the Position node back out and the application still ran fine!! Not sure why that happened.