Missing shared lib on OSX

Hey everyone,

I started devloping with monogame and everything is fun so far. However I actually have a problem with the pipeline on OSX. I can’t create a blender model with texture. Always if I try to build the content pipeline I get the following message: Could not compress texture. Required shared lib is missing. System.DllNotFoundException: nvtt

I installed nvidia texture tools with git repo, but that doesn’t help at all. Any suggestions?

It might be a dependency of nvtt that’s missing. Maybe you need libpng12, I’ve had that missing on my Linux machine before, causing the same exception.

check the installation directory and make sure you have libnvtt.dylib. On Mac that should be /Library/Frameworks/MonoGame.framework/Current/Tools.
You can use otool -L to check the dependencies and make sure nothing is missing. I got

/Library/Frameworks/MonoGame.framework/Current/Tools/libnvtt.dylib:
	/Users/dean/Documents/Sandbox/dellis1972/nvidia-texture-tools/build-release/src/nvtt/libnvtt.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	/Users/dean/Documents/Sandbox/dellis1972/nvidia-texture-tools/build-release/src/nvimage/libnvimage.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	/Users/dean/Documents/Sandbox/dellis1972/nvidia-texture-tools/build-release/src/nvmath/libnvmath.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	/Users/dean/Documents/Sandbox/dellis1972/nvidia-texture-tools/build-release/src/nvcore/libnvcore.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 307.5.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1238.50.2)

I’m getting the same error. My otool result:

/Library/Frameworks/MonoGame.framework/Current/Tools/libnvtt.dylib:
	@loader_path/libnvtt.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	@loader_path/libnvcore.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	@loader_path/libnvmath.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	@loader_path/libnvimage.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 56.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 169.3.0)