Unless you are not using any art/audio content at all in your app there should be a Content directory there as well.
I would try putting all the dll’s, the exe, the .config and the Content directory in there. I think they should be directly in the MacOS folder.
When I copy the Info.plist file from the website(while changing the “YourApp” strings to my game’s name) and then append .app to the parent folder, I keep getting an error saying: “You have macOS 10.14.6. The application requires macOS 10.13 or later.”. Any reason why this might be?
Thanks for the reply, but sadly when I removed both of the lines instead of getting the “You have MacOS 10.14.6” error, I got this…weirder error instead: “You have macOS %@. The application requires macOS %@ or later.”. To make it any easier on you to help me here’s my game’s file(with everything in it): Farming Simulator.app
thank you for trying to assist me in this issue but yet again nothing worked. ive gotten so desperate that i made a 5 minute video showcasing me from building it to creating the plist. heres the link(i hope maybe this will allow you to figure out the issue): monogame help - YouTube
edit: sorry for no audio(oh and i also say “ThisGame.icns” but never add in the icns file in the video but after recording i did add the icns file and it did nothing but add an icon)
Hi. I watched your video. What year is your Mac and what O/S version are you using? I know for a fact that it doesn’t run correctly on Mid-2011 Mac with High Sierra. Other than that, the only thing I would try is to use 11.0 for LSMinimumSystemVersion. If you want, you can send me the .app and I’ll try running it on my machine. I’m using an M1 Mac Mini with Monterey.
It’s not working on my Mac either. The file “ThisGame” in the MacOs folder may be suspect. An exec file should show up with a black icon that says exec. This one does not. My first guess is that the “ThisGame” file you included is a 32-bit app and that’s why finder on my 64-bit system doesn’t recognize it as an exec. When I try to open just the “ThisGame” file it doesn’t execute and instead brings up strange characters in a textedit window.