MonoGame 3.7 Install Errors

Hello…

I tried updating my MonoGame SDK from 3.6 to 3.7 this morning. However, when it went to write the various template
zip-files, the installer kept on throwing “write errors”.

I re-installed 3.6 with no issues.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with the 3.7 installer???

Thank you…

RC or Dev branch? adding more words…

EDIT

NVM I just remembered Dev branch is 3.8 now…

What system are you on?

What protection software are you using?

I am running Windows 10 Pro.

I doubt that my anti-virus tool is causing the issue. This appears to be some type of erroneous, permissions issue with the installer…

I think you need to create the folder manually…

I never get this issue, I don’t understand it though…

Another said they installed it up a folder and that worked too…

The installer does not allow you to change the folder to which the SDK will have its templates installed too since Visual Studio requires a specific folder for the loading of these templates.

I am going to try to run the installer with Administrator permissions to see if that will alleviate the issue…

My idea of running the installer with Administrative permissions did not work. I even deleted the template zip files to let the installer recreate them but that too did not resolve the issue.

I should elevate this issue to the development group to see what they have to say about it…

:disappointed:

What kind of errors did you get?

The SDK itself is successfully installed but when the installer then goes to process the templates it throws an error stating that it cannot open the template file in order to write it.

This appears to be an issue with the file stream that is being used to write the template files into the C:\Users Visual Studio 2017 sub-directory hierarchy…

I said create the folder manually, not using the installer to select a folder…

The folder was already created and the installer does not allow you to change or assign the folder…

move it one up
move it one up