MonoGame 3.8

Creating a new project and moving things over is the recomendations i have seen as the way with the least amount of friction.

Hi Boot ,
Look at the main message at the top of this page
It says how to migrate in migration guide.

There are some huge changes to MonoGame in this release. For new users we recommend reading our getting started guide when you begin.

For existing MG users please read the what’s new section in the documentation then our migration guide to help ease the transition to 3.8.

Hello,

I am trying to run some code that I wrote with the XNA Framework in 2014, in Visual Studio 2019.

Do you know what files I need to download to get this to work? Not sure what from the Assemblies and Tools, and Binaries and Source Code that I need to download to get this to work.

Anything I need to do in Visual Studio to attach the files to the program?

Thank you for the help.

-Liz

Recommend you create a new post for that.

Visual Studio Upgate 16.9.1 breaks the Extension Templates…

Please advise as I am coming into an issue recreating the templates as well…

@Jjagg I think is the main person to ping here concerning the aforementioned?

EDIT

I confirmed ths by updating my laptop which had the templates visible, after the update the templates are no longer there.

I tried editing the nuget files, forgot where now, to no avail.

For me, too, the templates changed, but they didn’t disappear. It can be seen in the picture that it has no icon and “All platforms” must be selected, otherwise it will not be listed.

https://imgur.com/sOMiMTH

1 Like

Oh Poodles, I forgot about the semi visible search box…

Will give it a run, I kept looking for the MG Icons

If you want to post Imgur images here, drop the https ‘s’

Imgur

Just noticed from yours, it shows MonoGame, weird, I was checking for it all day, and there it is magically there… F…

Thanks for looking into it @Pixi91 :rice_ball:

EDIT

Nope:

EDIT

@Pixi91 does it work for you?

I have forgotten where I found the templates now…

Yes, it works for me. I note I’ve only used DX and GL projects all the time, but they still work now.
I don’t fully understand your question now. What do you mean you forgot where to find the templates? What happens if you type “monogame” in the search engine under “Extensions → Manage extension”? I have the template listed and it is installed.

UWP always breaks like this… when there is such an update, not an issue for me anymore, I just posted a template construction guide today anyway

EDIT

I meant where the NuGet places the templates, I found it earlier, but cannot find them now to modify them…

EDIT

Found it on the last line of the install log

I suspect this might happen because VS picks up dotnet new templates now and they do not have the required metadata for VS included in them. Instead we build a separate VS template package, but perhaps the templates from dotnet new take precedence?

I’m not sure, but I’ve added it to my todo list

1 Like

Can I dowload manually the template folder (for visual studio 2019)?

Congratulations!

I think it’s a great release and a lot of effort has gone into it. I’m looking forward to using some of the new features in my own projects.

Which file do I download?

Hi @FriedPipis, Welcome to the Community!

What are you looking to make?

That name though :roll_eyes:

Happy Coding!

trying to download this for RogueSharp but there’s a huge list of files and I don’t know which one you actually need to download to get MonoGame

It may help if you link things, and someone with experience of that can assist further.

Good Luck!

ok here’s your link then
https://www.nuget.org/profiles/MonoGame

Goto to the documentation page and it will show you step by step instruction to set a dev environment for your platform.

Getting Started | MonoGame Documentation