MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets error message

Hello all,

I have recently installed Visual Studio 2019 Community and Monogame 3.8 on Windows, following this guide.

Now, I am very new to both C# and Monogame, so I hope you will forgive this question, but: when I create a new game with a Monogame template everything seems to work as intended. Whenever I load an example or tutorial however, VS2019 displays the following message:

error: The imported project “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets” was not found

(Or, in more detail):

tldr

C:\Users\info\Downloads\TexturePacker-MonoGame-Demo-master\TexturePacker-MonoGame-Demo-master\TexturePacker-MonoGame-Demo.csproj : error : The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets" was not found. Also, tried to find "MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets" in the fallback search path(s) for $(MSBuildExtensionsPath) - "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild" . These search paths are defined in "C:\Users\info\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_bc8db59d\devenv.exe.config". Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk in one of the search paths. C:\Users\info\Downloads\TexturePacker-MonoGame-Demo-master\TexturePacker-MonoGame-Demo-master\TexturePacker-MonoGame-Demo.csproj

I think these examples were written for older versions of Monogame? I’ve searched both my PC’s directories and the internet for the file and a solution respectively, but to no avail. Can someone explain what is going on and how I can solve it? Thank you!