Monogame Folder not found in MSBuild after installation

I have just installed the MonoGame extension for Visual Studio Community 2019 and the MGCB Editor, like I read on the website. I wanted to start practicing with an openGL project(Cross Platform Desktop Project), as I’m new to MonoGame, but something went wrong?

I tried looking in the MSBuild folder, but to my surprise, the folder specified in the error prompt is missing. Have I forgotten to do something?
P.S: I’m using Win10 Home and I wanted to start with a project template.

I have same problem someone pls help

Why do I smell this being a path issue…

Update, my team mate made a Mono project and uploaded it on GitHub and I was able to get a clone from there and work like this, but the issue isn’t solved.
The paths are supposed to be defined in another .xml file, as it shows now. I have checked devenv.exe.config, however there is no Import declaration. Something might have happened when I installed the MonoGame nuget? Anyways, I’ll give it some of my time now that I finished working only on the old project and find out what messed the paths. Meanwhile, @R_S if you found something helpful, I’d appreciate if you could share!

Your path to csproj has spaces. Or, your username has spaces. Or, you’re using pre-3.8 project with 3.8 nugets.

I am having the same problem with clean installations of VS2019 on 2 different PC’s. My main dev PC (and another) both progressively upgraded from previous MonoGame versions are fine (can create new MG projects and open old ones).

On trying to create a new MonoGame project using ‘MonoGame Windows Project’ template, on hitting the ‘Create’ button I get the following error:

Getting similar on trying to open a 3.8 project (built and running fine on main dev PC) with the MonoGame project not loading (this also happens with a virgin ‘MonoGame Windows Project’ made on the good PC):

With the error message:

C:\TEST\FishORama21\FishORamaEngineLibrary\FishORamaEngineLibrary.csproj : error : The imported project “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets” was not found. Also, tried to find “MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets” in the fallback search path(s) for $(MSBuildExtensionsPath) - “C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild” . These search paths are defined in “C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_8477f579\devenv.exe.config”. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk in one of the search paths. C:\TEST\FishORama21\FishORamaEngineLibrary\FishORamaEngineLibrary.csproj

I have tried multiple reinstallations and additional VS components and cant for the life of me see the difference between my working installations and the problematics ones.

I need to find a clear solution to this as I have to get students to install and setup VS2019 to be able to run and work in a MG3.8 project I will be distributing to them, and if a fresh VS2019 install and following the guide above creates problems I need to have a fix / specific guidance for them.

Appreciate any assistance

That picture shows you have a Dependency issue, fix that and see if you still get the same results.