Monogame pipeline tool crashes on boot from visual studio 2022

If I open the pipeline tool from studio from any project, it crashes on boot, with this exact error message. I can open the visual editor from a command prompt with no issues though. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Background: been fiddling around with 3.8 projects to bring them up to 3.8.1. The mgcb tool not being global anymore has forced me to recreate the solutions. It’s been fine on other machines, but not this one

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘PresentationFramework, Version=6.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘PresentationFramework, Version=6.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.Styles.<>c.b__0_0(MenuBarHandler h)
at Eto.Style.<>c__DisplayClass13_01.<Add>b__0(THandler w) at Eto.DefaultStyleProvider.<>c__DisplayClass9_01.b__0(Object widget)
at Eto.DefaultStyleProvider.ApplyStyles(Object widget, String style)
at Eto.DefaultStyleProvider.Eto.IStyleProvider.ApplyStyle(Object widget, String style)
at Eto.Widget.OnStyleChanged(EventArgs e)
at Eto.Widget.set_Style(String value)
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.MainWindow.PipelineMenuBar…ctor() in D:\a\MonoGame\MonoGame\Tools\MonoGame.Content.Builder.Editor\MainWindow.eto.cs:line 24
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.MainWindow.InitalizeMenu() in D:\a\MonoGame\MonoGame\Tools\MonoGame.Content.Builder.Editor\MainWindow.eto.cs:line 287
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.MainWindow.InitializeComponent() in D:\a\MonoGame\MonoGame\Tools\MonoGame.Content.Builder.Editor\MainWindow.eto.cs:line 60
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.MainWindow…ctor() in D:\a\MonoGame\MonoGame\Tools\MonoGame.Content.Builder.Editor\MainWindow.cs:line 46
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\a\MonoGame\MonoGame\Tools\MonoGame.Content.Builder.Editor\Program.cs:line 50

On further testing, it is completely fine when opening the same contents from 2019 on the same computer

Opened up 2022 to show someone the problem, and the content was fine.
Seems that just restarting it fixes the issue?