MonoGame Pipeline Tool will not build, rebuild or clean

Having a problem and I’m kind of stumped. Running a new laptop with Windows 10 and the MonoGame Pipeline Tool will start but absolutely not build, rebuild or clean. Opening the tool and adding content works as normal.

It happens in new projects, old projects, and doesn’t seem to be settings bound. The same projects will have the pipeline tool build on different machines. Reinstalling MonoGame entirely didn’t work as well.

Any ideas?

Is there no output information or it simply won’t execute the command?

Difficult to say. The output is completely blank (as in no build started message or anything). Pressing either of the buttons seems to have no effect. Was hoping of picking up an error message in visual studio but alas, none that I can see.

Start at the basics to work out that no external factors are blocking, so:

First up, just read this recent thread:

Are you running any third party ransomware protection tools?

Are you using third party antivirus apps?

Are you Admin?

Do you have full access to the folder it is working from?

Which directory are you working from?

Are you sure you are clicking the button? [Ok, I know but still, recently my own clicks have been making me feel sceptical of my own clicks too, lol - HATE YOU YOUTUBE]

Can’t think of anything else right now…

Yeah I’m having this same issue and Idk what’s going on rn. Nothing is out of the ordinary on my end.
I am admin

I have this directory leading to it.
C:\Users\Me\source\repos\Beatemup\Content

Yet I still don’t know why it keeps crashing.

Blockquote
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.PipelineTypes.ResolveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 assemblyPaths)
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.PipelineTypes.Load(PipelineProject project)
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.PipelineController.ResolveTypes()
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.PipelineController.OnReferencesModified()
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.CellRefs.Edit(PixelLayout control)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at MonoGame.Tools.Pipeline.Program.Main(String args)

Blockquote

Yet I still don’t know what’ s happening.

White space?

What does that mean?

Is your username just ‘Me’?

Actually it’s RamiMorrar. But there is no Whjte space.

C:\Users\RamiMorrar

No White Space whatsoever

OK, just removing a recent issue that has popped up often…

Also I keep getting MSB3073

The command “dotnet C:\Users\RamiMorrar.nuget\packages\monogame.content.builder.task\3.8.0.1641\build\…\tools\netcoreapp3.1\any\mgcb.dll /quiet /@:“C:\Users\RamiMorrar\source\repos\Beatemup\Content\Content.mgcb” /platform:Windows /outputDir:“C:/Users/RamiMorrar/source/repos/Beatemup/Content/bin/Windows/Content” /intermediateDir:“C:/Users/RamiMorrar/source/repos/Beatemup/Content/obj/Windows/Content” /workingDir:“C:/Users/RamiMorrar/source/repos/Beatemup/Content/”” exited with code 1. Beatemup C:\Users\RamiMorrar.nuget\packages\monogame.content.builder.task\3.8.0.1641\build\MonoGame.Content.Builder.Task.targets 138

It sounds like I’m frustrated but… not really. I have another game project I’m working on. If anybody can help me out with it if they have free time, that’s not a problem.

Few things to try:
Repair VS
Ensure MonoGame is properly installed
Does a clean project of MG work and compile properly?

Ok so the first 2 options work. Everything works just fine. Let me see about repairing VS.

Yup. Tried all 3. Still didn’t work

What security tools are you using?

I have None actually.

Wat’s in your MGCB file?

Just the Content Tree Node and a Tiled “.tmx.” file. And it keeps crashing whenever I try to take something out.

Hopefully someone with experience with those aspects can chime in here…

Have you got eXtended installed?