MonoGame.Randomchaos.* Nuget Packages Update

Not sure if these are of any use to anyone.

It’s a list of NuGet pacakges I have written, I am mostly writing them so I can build projects quickly with the bits I need.

List of packages is here.

As well as the nuget packages I have a publick repo with ample projects in there too, mostly so I remember how you use them my self, I really need to get better at documentation lol…

The Git Repo can be found here.

I had started on some git pages, but might just stick to the wiki.

Anyway, hope you find them useful. Let me know if you need more examples written for them.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Adding these to the wiki…

Thanks for sharing :coffee:

EDIT

Added, and got to take a look, really nice! will be useful for everyone!

Linked here:
monogame:pillar_of_linkages [MonoGame Community Wiki]

2 Likes

Forgive my, I had a typo in my title, and now that’s in the wiki, can you correct it from MonoGame.Ransomchaos.* to MonoGame.Randomchaos.*

Sorry, my fat fingers let me down again…

[Edit] And thank you for adding it to the Wiki :smiley: [/Edit]

1 Like

Done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

How did I miss this announcement, even the world-famous @Charles_Humphrey (Nemo_Krad) has returned to the fray, maybe we will even see a sequel in the works.

Although you bring an interesting option, one thing I did like about Unity was the introduction of UPM packages. Promoting a collection of similar things for MonoGame might actually be a good idea.

2 Likes

Just made an update to all the packages and updated the git repo to give a bit of a description of each. Not added one for the P2P networking yet, but I will at some point.

There are currently about 10 Samples, these are to show how the packages basically work, some of them are not complete or are for my experimentation.

• Sample.MonoGame.Randomchaos.KestrelServer

This shows how to use the MonoGame.Randomchaos.KestrelServer package, it shows how you can host a Kestrel web service from your game. It gives a simple example of MVC with a basic Razor page as well as how you could also have API end points with a swagger front end.

I plan to use this sort of functionality for debugging or monitoring elements in game that I don’t want to clog my UI/Screen with.

• Sample.MonoGame.Randomchaos.Services.Noise

This shows basic Perlin and Voronoi noise generation, I plan to add more and have the ability to mix and blend noise. This uses the MonoGame.Randomchaos.Services.Noise pacakge.

• Sample.MonoGame.Randomchaos.Services.Scene

This shows how you can use the MonoGame.Randomchaos.Services.Scene pacakge to create scenes. An example of a splash, title, menu, options and games scenes can be traversed. This also incorporates the MonoGame.Randomchaos.Services.Coroutine package.

• SampleMonoGame.Randomchaos.Services.P2P

This shows how you can create a P2P (Peer 2 Peer) network for your game. I think I still have some kinks in here (only wrote it this week) but is shows how you can create a server and a client and have numers clients connect and play a simple “game”. This uses the MonoGame.Randomchaos.Services.P2P package.

• Samples.HardwareInstancedParticles

This was just me messing around seeing how I could instance billboard particles.

• Samples.MonoGame.Randomchaos.EFCore

This is an incomplete sample but shows how you can use MonoGame.Randomchaos.EFCore with a local SQLite Database.

• Samples.MonoGame.Randomchaos.Physics

Having started work on my own physics engine in the MonoGame.Randomchaos.Physics package, this is where I am testing it.

• Samples.MonoGame.Randomchaos.PostProcessing

This sample shows how you can use the MonoGame.Randomchaos.PostProcessing package to set up post processing in your game. I provide a couple of post processing shaders to play with here, Bleach, Chromatic Aberration, Pixilation and Greyscale.

• Samples.MonoGame.Randomchaos.Primitives3D

This sample shows how you can use the MonoGame.Randomchaos.Primitives3D package to render some simple primitives. Great for testing while you wait for an artist to get your skinned meshes and environments done :stuck_out_tongue: I have also put a simple Voxel engine in here, I hope to extend that later.

• Samples.MonoGame.Randomchaos.Windows.Audio

I am playing with writing my own bit tune engine, this is it in a very, very early stage.

All these can be found in my git repo for the packages, see my opening post for the link to both the packages on Nuget and the Git Repo.

Hope you find these things useful.

1 Like