1.4.0 - Find Nearest Point on Spline Feature!
Yeah, time for a new update!
Long time since we last talked about this spline library, but finally… something new!
Watch the video first:
When working with splines in game or software development, it’s often important to get the nearest point on a spline from a specific position in the world / render view.
Imagine the following scenario in a game:
You have 2 different spline tracks and you want an enemy unit to travel on both, but this unit does not start on any of the two splines. It starts from somewhere in your game world.
How can this unit reach both splines now?
Easy… by finding the nearest point from his position to the first spline and then finding the nearest point from spline 1 to spline 2 from his position on spline 1.
This is just one example. You could also use this technique to let particles flow into the direction of a spline and if they reach it, let them travel along the spline… and so on…
So, a quite useful feature when working with splines and here it is
I hope it makes you happy.
Have a nice day and stay away from the corona!
:: Marcel, Sandbox Blizz
PS: Stay tuned again for more interesting stuff in the future!
- Added FindNearestPointOnSpline feature and sample project.
- Added “Extensions class” to support spriteBatch overloads with additional drawing capabilities.
- Added a test Transform in the TransformControl to have a dummy transform for additional user interaction in the sample projects.
- It’s now possible to adjust the accuracy of the FindNearestPoint function from within the sample control.
- The GitHub-Release rar-file now containing not only the lib binaries but also the editor and sample projects - already pre-compiled, so that the user can directly start and run the samples or the editor; no compilation needed!