Naming folder containing classes

I created several classes (some static, others instantiable) that I use in all my games. I would like to put these classes in a folder. What would you name this folder? (This is a kind of survey.)
Thanks…

Without knowing the context of the classes, it’s hard to tell. Simply choose a name that you feel suits them. “Shared” sounds appropriate to me for code reused across projects.

I usually call such common things … “Common” :slight_smile:

The classes I want to put in this folder are of various type. For example:
-Animation
-ColorExtensions
-FloatExtensions
-Joystick
-Keyboard
-RandomGenerator
-Sound
-Timer
From the name you can guess their use. I thought of names like “Library”, “Utils”, “Utilities”, “Tools”. But “Shared” or “Common” may be better suited.
Does anyone use different names?

CommonGameClassFiles
UtilityClassFiles
HelperClassFiles
MiscellaneousClassFiles
GameSupportingFiles

If certain class files tie these all together or wrapp them all up for a start up game to have a lot of higher level functionality simply right off the rip.

You can call it a Engine or FrameWork or even an Api though that usually denotes that it is a direct interface for or to low level calls.

Sorry for my english but I don’t know the expression “simply right off the rip”…

Suggesting a template Game1 is simple and straight forward immediately … right off the rip.

"Right off the rip" A local uncommon phrase in the northeast USA, it suggests peeling or ripping off the packaging of a present such as a childs toy. Which is made simple to use, desired, made to be played with immediately without difficulty. Even if that toy is based on something complicated or could be made to do more complicated things.

Or to say in this context when you make a class that wraps up and automates much of the other classes into a few calls. For example my BasicGameClass is a wrapper around Game1 which uses Gu calls and the actual Game1 call inherits this automation and can call individual classes or automated multiple functions from many of my utility classes.
However more often then not i want a bunch of simple things to just fire up right off the start these are usually composed of multiple common utility classes. Which is what a engine really is and arguably a framework or api though there is some expected level of completeness before you call it that right.
Hence Gu stands for Global Utilitys but the global here refers to across projects.

public class Game1 : BasicBaseGame
   {
        public Texture2D texture;

public Game1() : base()
        {
            DefaultRegular3D();
            Gu.DefaultDisplayFrameRate = true;
            Gu.DefaultQuickDrawSpriteBatch = true;
            Gu.DefaultUi = false;

Gu.DefaultGrid3dSwitch = true;
            Gu.DefaultOreintationArrow3dSwitch = true;

Gu.game = this;
        }

protected override void Initialize()
        {
            //keysAndTextInput.Initialize();
            base.Initialize();
        }

public void PreLoad()
        {
            //Gu.game = this;
            base.LoadContent();
        }

protected override void LoadContent()
        {
            PreLoad();
            Gu.SetApplicationPreferredBackBuffer(1200, 700);
            texture = BasicTextures.checkerBoard;
        }

public void TextInput(MgStringBuilder str, Keys key)
        {

}

protected override void UnloadContent()
        {

base.UnloadContent();
        }

protected override void Update(GameTime gameTime)
        {
            if (GamePad.GetState(PlayerIndex.One).Buttons.Back == ButtonState.Pressed || Keyboard.GetState().IsKeyDown(Keys.Escape))
                Exit();

base.Update(gameTime);
        }

protected override void Draw(GameTime gameTime)
        {
            GraphicsDevice.Clear(Color.CornflowerBlue);

base.Draw(gameTime);
        }

protected override void QuickDrawSpriteBatch(GameTime gameTime)
        {
            Gu.spriteBatch.Draw(texture, new Rectangle(300, 10, 100, 100), Color.Wheat);
        }

}

Of course these are just things that work for me in how i think of things as im just a long time hobbyist.

Thank you for the clarification.
Well, the word “support” seems more suitable than others, so I could opt for “GameSupportingFiles” or simply “GameSupport”. And could the word “facilities” make sense in this context? (my English is not the best.)