Nuget packages for 64-bit iOS

Hi!

I’m about to give a talk about very basic MonoGame from an iOS perspective in a short while. At the moment, the nuget packages doesn’t seem to support 64 bit iOS. What’s the roadmap for supporting that? The question will come up and I really wanted to show the simple nuget install path.

Best regards

// Johan

We have made the switch to Xamarin Universal API a couple of weeks ago. It hasn’t been released on NuGet yet. In the meantime you can use dev builds.

@SimonDarksideJ - What is the status of this? Are we just waiting on me to add support into the TeamCity build process?

At present Tom the NuGet package will copy a single version from the build directory to the package.
To have two separate DLL’s we would likely have to have two separate NuGet packages due to the MSBUILD issues with using .targets files on iOS

If required, you can achieve this by simply copying the existing NuGet and simply rename it and the ID/Name fields in the NuGet and obviously the sorce paths.

There is just a single DLL. The only problem is that the latest NuGet version is two months old.

I also have another issue that is from what I read solved but the nuget-packages aren’t updated. That is that the orientation on iOS 8+ is wrong out of the box.

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/2/AABAVNkV1zaknqg1NYaX6SGArglvH0_ghhkx4PlSILLdvg/12/48287660/png/1024x768/3/1423846800/0/2/Screenshot%202015-02-13%2016.17.30.png/CKyfgxcgASACIAMoASgC/AxKURaaLA6U5GjlnlFfyzh7RvG5uSMCgMXi2KFxRVC8

At the moment, I think I’ll just skip the Nuget setup and advice on downloading the installers instead? It’s a shame since it would be so nice just to show how easy it is to use this great framework. :slight_smile:

There are some new beta packages that were recently uploaded 3.2.99 which are there to test the new Automated delivery we are pushing for the next full release.

If you want to check these out, then be sure to select “Include Prerelease” in the NuGet GUI or selet the specific beta package when using the install command/console prompt.

We are aiming to accelerate the NuGet delivery going forward

Hi!

Using Xamarin Studio and a new, empty iOS Universal project. When I try to add the monogame -pre package I get an error when it tries to install the dependency to MonoGame.Binaries

Could not install package ‘MonoGame.Binaries 3.2.3-alpha’. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets ‘Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0’, but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Just wanted to flag for this in case it was supposed to work. :smile:

EDIT: It works great in old 32-bit projects! Love the new spinning cube sample!

The 3.2.3-Alpha package is for the 3.2 Generation of Monogame, as such it doesn’t support Xamarin.IOS only MonoTouch

The 3.2.99-Beta package is a precursor to the 3.3 release. This should be installable on Xamarin.iOS

1 Like

Sweet, I’ll simply use the 3.2.3-alpha an 32-bit iOS with a comment that nuget-packages will be available for Xamarin.iOS in the future. Thanks for all the help to clarify this!

Did this work for you? I developed my game using Xamarin in Visual Studio 2010. I got it working on Android but now I am trying to port it to iOS. I installed 3.2.99-alpha and now I am getting an error Error 2 Failed to resolve assembly: ‘Mono.Android, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065’ Platformer_iOS

I am a n00b at this so if anyone can tell me how to get Xamarin.ios to play well with Monogame I would appreciate it.

I ended up using the 32-bit version for my demo. Haven’t got it to work for Xamarin.ios (64bit), only for MonoTouch (32-bit).

3.3 has now been released. You might want to check that out :sunglasses:

Excellent! I’ll make sure to try it out as soon as possible! Work always have a tendency to take up most part of my time… :slight_smile:

Xamarin docs for getting a new iOS/Android project using MonoGame 3.3 (including 64 bit on iOS) have been updated:

2 Likes