OpenAL Drivers Not Found on MacOSX and Linux (DesktopGL)

I’m getting the ‘OpenAL Drivers could not be found’ error for OSX and Linux when ever i try to load sound effects. It’s working fine in Windows. What’s really weird is OpenAL comes installed on OSX as far as I know.

Below is a screenshot:

I’ve searched the forums but can’t seem to find anything that deals directly with what I’m working with.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you

Looks like the soft_oal dll isn’t being resolved right or maybe you accidentally removed it. Do you have the x86 and x64 folders that were in the templates and MonoGame.Framework.dll.config in your bin folder? If not you may want to start a new game from the DesktopGL template to see what you’re missing or find the required files in your MG installation folder.

@Jjagg thanks for the tip, that sent me on the right path.

I updated too 3.5 for both Linux and OSX. I had to re-do my project files with new Cross Platform Templates for some, and others just fiddled with the internals of the project files, but now it’s working. In the end I think it was a combination of a number of missing things that had gotten messed up over time since updating from 3.3 to 3.4 to 3.5.

1 Like