Yesterday I upgraded from MonoGame 220.127.116.118 to 18.104.22.1684 (Windows 10), and found that the MonoGame Pipeline tool (pipeline.exe) no longer works.
Double-clicking an .mgcb file from Visual Studio, or manually running pipeline.exe from \monogame\v3.0\tools, just “thinks” for a brief moment and then exits, without ever displaying any UI to screen. It seems broken in 22.214.171.1242 (the current build) as well. I’ve tested on two machines and the behavior is the same.
Reinstalling the older version (126.96.36.1998) gives me a working Pipeline tool again.
Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help debug – I tried running pipeline.exe from a powershell window but it didn’t appear to print out anything useful to console. Let me know if there’s a place I should be looking for logs or error messages.
EDIT: the official 3.7.1 release also works fine, of course.