Poor performance after upgrading from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1

I like to keep with me a few older phones to check how efficient and optimized my gameplay routines are.
These are the phones I have:
Android 4.2 (API 17)
Android 4.4.2 (API 19)
Android 8 (API 26)
Android 11 (API 30)

When using Monogame 3.8.0, I get around 40fps on the first 2 phones, and then 60fps stable on the last two.

After upgrading to 3.8.1, the first 2 phones are no longer supported, and then when running my game on Android 8, I get around 40fps and sometimes my game even freezes indefinitely. Never had that freezing issue before. On my newest Android 11 phone, I can run 3.8.1 without any problems at 60fps.

Anybody has experienced something similar? Maybe some settings I need to change when compiling with the new version?

Thanks.

By the way, I was wrong about my game running fine on my newest phone (API 30)
The frame drop is about 20 frames, so overall with this new version everything runs much slower.

I’m surprised nobody has noticed about this yet.

There’s this issue: 3d game white washed and laggy after 3.8.1 upgrade · Issue #7914 · MonoGame/MonoGame · GitHub
I suppose enabling MSAA could harm the framerate too, so you could check if disabling it fixes the problem.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I had seen it and tried it but didn’t make a difference.
Maybe that particular issue is only for 3D games.