Problem loading png after installation

Hi, i’ve recently installed monogame on my new system, i’m having a problem loading a simple png with FNA. It works just fine with default Monogame 3.4 though… (I’m using elementary os freya)

When I try to load a texture2d, it throws System.NullReferenceException… Already checked all libraries, and I believe it’s ok… Maybe something wrong with FNA? I believe not, can’t find ANYTHING about it online. Do I need to install any depedencies in order to compile? Testing “Rogue legacy” here, works fine. Please help, here’s a screenshot showing my file structure. Only trying to load a texture, without it, cornflowerBlue screen happens just fine:

Complete output from console:

OpenGL Device: GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 349.16
OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
MojoShader Profile: glsl120
Using EXT_swap_control_tear VSync!
Controller 0: X360 Controller
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.SetData[Byte] (System.Byte[] data) [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadRawAsset[Texture2D] (System.String assetName, System.String originalAssetName) [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[Texture2D] (System.String assetName, System.Action`1 recordDisposableObject) [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[Texture2D] (System.String assetName) [0x00000] in :0
at MonogameHello.Game1.LoadContent () [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize () [0x00000] in :0
at MonogameHello.Game1.Initialize () [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize () [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () [0x00000] in :0
at MonogameHello.Program.RunGame () [0x00000] in :0
at MonogameHello.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XlaN-hOg8

1 Like

I feel dumb right now, it used to load png directly some time ago… Are there other changes with the content pipeline? Does every content need to be .mgcb now?

You question doesn’t make sense…

If you meant to say "Does every content need to be .xnb now? the answer is Yes, it should, but you can still load a raw asset if you specify the filename with an extension.

If you meant to say “Do I have to add all the content to a .mgcb file now?” the answer is again Yes, you should.

Side note, since I see you are also using GNOME, I added a headerbar to Pipeline Tool in the develop branch:

Yes, that, sorry for the confusion, I meant to ask if it needs to go trough the content processor. Also, Headerbars <3

Thank you.

Also note that FNA was derived from MonoGame but is not supported by us.

I don’t know any other place to ask about FNA specifically, is there one? I just use it for video support, it was not fully functional in the main branch some time ago, perhaps it’s better now.

Still no video support for Linux : (

Tho I do plan on looking on how to support this as soon as DesktopGL changes go through.

It’s nice to know, i’m waiting for it (: