Scaling drop shadows in 2d.... "directional scaling" or "directional foreshortening."

I already HAVE working geometry shadows, in my 2d game…
Geometry, such as walls and platforms, which physically connect to the back wall, cast polygon shadows away from the light. Familiar to a lot of you.

NOW, I am working on shadows for objects and doodads, which do NOT connect with the back wall… So, they should have drop shadows, instead… Floating shadows, under the objects. Will use for pillars and pipes etc, stuff that “floats” off the back wall…
I want the shadows to SCALE with distance to the light source…

This is fairly easy to achieve by itself…

The REAL challenge, is I want adjacent sprites shadows to still connect at the seams, seamlessly, so the scaling needs to be rather specific.
-In other words, corners need to stay together…

Here is an exaggerated mock up of what I think I want… you can see shadows scaling smaller with increased distance from the light source, so shadows get bigger closer to the light… You can see the tile at the CENTER has a SQUARE shadow under it, and every tile going out from there, is made narrower as it goes out the axis…

The picture shows it, but I don’t have the words. Any help or discussion appreciated… Will even accept notes on how to improve question.