[SOLVED] Adding a mgwindowsdx dotnet core project to a solution fails on Linux

Project `/home/kwyrky/Desktop/ProjectMGDC/ProjectMGDC.Windows/ProjectMGDC.Windows.csproj` could not be evaluated. Evaluation failed with following error:
The imported project "/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.302/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop/targets/Microsoft.WinFX.props" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "Microsoft.WinFX.props" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.  /usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.302/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop.props.

I am getting this error when trying to setup a mgwindowsdx project on Linux. Under Windows using the same commands the creation of the project does work. I reinstalled the templates before trying with the dotnet new --install MonoGame.Templates.CSharp command. Anyone knows why this happens or if this is an issue with the templates or on how I try to setup the project?

I could reproduce the error using these commands

dotnet new sln -n ProjectMGDC
dotnet new mgwindowsdx -n ProjectMGDC.Windows
dotnet sln add ProjectMGDC.Windows/ProjectMGDC.Windows.csproj
Invalid project `/home/kwyrky/Desktop/ProjectMGDC.Windows/ProjectMGDC.Windows.csproj`. The imported project "/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.302/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop/targets/Microsoft.WinFX.props" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "Microsoft.WinFX.props" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.  /usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.302/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop.props.

I opened an issue on Github here https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame/issues/7274

For the current version of dotnet it is not possible to add a DirectX project to the solution.
See Github for more information.