[SOLVED]Black screen only with published app...

Hello I have a big issue with Windows Phone.

I Developed my game Space Fighter Infnite : http://www.artemisstudio.fr/project.php?id=4, and everything work well.

I’m able to deploy it one my phone, launch it directly from the phone and everything work well.

So I published my app, because there is no test passed by Microsoft anymore, the app is published and can be buy.

I bought it, and I discovered that my app display only a black screen!

I’m not surprise of that because last year I tried to cell another app on windows phone and I was never able to pass the test because tester tell to me that the app display only a black screen too.

So is there anybody who encounter this issue could help me, because it’s just impossible to solve a bug which appear only when the app is on the market…

HI,

wow, the game looks stunning.

I don’t know what can affect that, but have you tried to publish the game as a beta? Maybe it shows the same problem (as it’s signed exactly the same way, only limited to certain devices) and you’ll be able to send several betas and activate some kind of logging to better detect where the problem is.

I don’t know if we could publish in beta on windows phone, but last year when my previous game was tested by Misrosoft, testers tested my game on 4 different phones and there was exactly the same bug, also when I deploy from my computer it work perfectly on my lumia 920 (even after restart and by launching directly from the phone). But with exactly the same phone from the market it doesn’t work, so it’s not caused by any hardware limitation on some phones.

Today because app are not tested I will publish the same App and throw exceptions at different placement in the initialize phase…

For me the only thing that could cause black screen without exception is a catching exception in Monogame which doesn’t launch the user code…

Ok, after more 10 update published, I finally found the wrong thing. It was caused by the way how I loaded my custom effects. I don’t know why it worked when app was deployed from my computer, but finally I used the Monogame “TitleContainer.OpenStream()” and it work well.

The reason why app displayed only black screen was caused by catching exception from render thread (not in my code) breaking initialization but not the UI thread. So I was able to find exception by catching everything in all methods in the main loop (initialize/update/draw) and display stack trace in MessageBox in the UI thread.