[SOLVED] ContentLoadException in version 3.7.0.1232

ok i have got to that, the thing is I get same Exception as the OP here, BUT I use a spriteanimation tool called “SpriteFactory” which is set up in the mcgb Editor as

all builds fine, I then use this code piece here to load that stuff:

Then when trying to compile the game I get:

I also tried to change the Importer/Processor both to JSON or only the Importer to JSON or only the Processor to JSON, nothing helped, they do not even build in mcgb :confused:

Also, i did this, cause then I get some FileNotFoundException

unlucky :frowning:

Can you show the entire exception error?

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: “Could not find ContentTypeReader Type. Please ensure the name of the Assembly that contains the Type matches the assembly in the full type name: MonoGame.Extended MonoGame.Extended.Animations.SpriteFactory.SpriteFactoryFileReader, MonoGame.Extended.Animations (MonoGame.Extended MonoGame.Extended.Animations.SpriteFactory.SpriteFactoryFileReader, MonoGame.Extended.Animations)”

Diese Ausnahme wurde ursprünglich von dieser Aufrufliste ausgelöst:
    Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.LoadAssetReaders(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader)
    Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InitializeTypeReaders()
    Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset<T>()
    Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset<T>(string, System.Action<System.IDisposable>)
    Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load<T>(string)
    MonoGame.Extended.TextureAtlases.TextureAtlasJsonConverter.ReadJson(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, System.Type, object, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer)
    Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.DeserializeConvertable(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, System.Type, object)
    Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, object)
    Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(object, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, string)
    Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, System.Type, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, object)
    [Aufrufliste abgeschnitten]

are you building for net.core with trim enabled?
It says that it can’t find SpriteFactoryFileReader
in MonoGame.Extended.Animations.
I don’t know much about extended, the original problem was an entire different issue.

what is “Trim Enabled” and i build for .net 7 preview1:D

Monogame.Extended is a cool addon to monogame to, well, extend its missing features. its on github and some Guy on youtube made a very easy spritesheet animation possible with that thing, with so less code and i was impressed by that so I wanted to do same but noooppeee!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and not that I saw you having the same problem then it’s definitely has to do something with .net7 because I’m creating a really big game and monogame extended have been my friend all this time for animations and as soon as I installed .net7 everything broke and I can’t even work on my game I’m still trying to find a solution

Also funny fact is you can’t use vs rn for C# without .net7 runtimes because it will also remove all the other needed components meaning that maybe we have to use a older version of vs I’m not sure