[SOLVED] DLLNotFoundException || Nothing works

Hey community,
i’m absolutly angry, no partience more and dont know what to do after i testet every solution that i found for my problem. Error code:

C:/Users/Erik/Documents/Visual Studio 2017/Projects/Game3/Game3/Content/File.spritefont
Building Font C:\Windows\Fonts\arial.ttf
C:/Users/Erik/Documents/Visual Studio 2017/Projects/Game3/Game3/Content/File.spritefont: error: Processor ‘FontDescriptionProcessor’ had unexpected failure!
System.DllNotFoundException: Die DLL “freetype6.dll”: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.
bei SharpFont.FT.FT_Init_FreeType(IntPtr& alibrary)
bei SharpFont.Library…ctor()
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Graphics.SharpFontImporter.Import(FontDescription options, String fontName)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Processors.FontDescriptionProcessor.ImportFont(FontDescription options, Single& lineSpacing, Int32& yOffsetMin, ContentProcessorContext context, String fontName)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Processors.FontDescriptionProcessor.Process(FontDescription input, ContentProcessorContext context)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentProcessor`2.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentProcessor.Process(Object input, ContentProcessorContext context)
bei MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Builder.PipelineManager.ProcessContent(PipelineBuildEvent pipelineEvent)

I reinstalled VS 2017 Community, Monogame 3.6 and tried 3.7 developer build, reinstalled 2013, 2015 and 2017 c++ redistributable, .net 4.5 4.5.1 or 4.6 and 4.6.1, tested all things with VS 2015 Express, but nothing works. I reinstall Windows 7 64bit too. Tested just with 2013 c++ redistributable, or only 2015 or only 2017 or in combination with two of that or with all. I did everything what i could do. Reinstalled DirectX9 and/or OpenAL. Same problem with Images: FreeImage.dll not found. I spend a lot of hours in googling to solving this problem but nothing works. I hope someone can help me, so i can start to coding my awesome game.

Try getting the VS2012 VC++ redist from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Holy shit! It works. Unbelievable that “only” VS2012 VC++ redist solved the problem. Little bit shame to me. Thanks a lot @Jjagg.

1 Like

This is a known issue. Windows 10 doesn’t come with VC++ 2012 installed, so some MG dependencies need to be recompiled with MSVC statically linked so devs don’t need to install it.

I’m glad that worked :slight_smile:

Hum… The more i hear/read about windows10 the less i want it. I’ll skip 10 as I skipped millenium, vista and 8.
Last week i have spent 2 days installing office 365 just to learn there is a pb with a wmi command mixing french and english… Nice windows10…
What about vs17. Is it ok to switch to it on win7?

You really shouldn’t consider this a problem with Windows 10, but a problem with MG. MS can’t keep installing old libs, Windows takes up enough space as it is.