[SOLVED-ISH] Can anyone share a VB.NET 2019 Base Game Template?

I got 2010 on but XNAS4.0 won’t install

EDIT

Installing Win7 in a VM to see if it works that way lol

Did you use the XNA Framework 4.0 Refresh?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27598

That’s the route that has always worked for me.

It just fails for some reason… does it require a specific VS2010?

EDIT

I get this error:

APPCOMPAT: no matching ProductCode found in database.

EDIT

That’s the redist…

I found a lot of iso images for stuff on the internet archive.org. Just search google with the word archive after any keyword(s) and you should find what you are looking for.

However, I had to jump through so many hoops with Phone SDK in particular. With many forums searched and ultimately unpacking the install file and manually installing certain components. To the point I have forgotten what I did and didn’t do. But ultimately, although it all did finally install, I couldn’t get it to create a new project properly because of some issue with it not being able to create certain files. Visual Studio 2010 really doesn’t like Windows 10 especially with XNA. You are better off going down the Virtualised Windows 7 route.

Ultimately it was WindowsPhoneExtensions.msi that finally got me the templates I needed. I managed to get this file from the WPSDKv71_en1.iso (Windows Phone SDK 7.1 ISO).

Just for some nostalgia I also installed WindowsXP with Visual Basic 6 SP1.

Now I am trying to copy over the install files without signing into anything on the VM7 :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT

WORKED FINE!, got what I needed, now to find a safe way to transfer the data…

EDIT

The Installer inside that XBS worked on my desktop, weird… but it’s all messed up… nvm…