SOLVED: MGCB Pipeline Editor tool - Couldn't find a default importer for TMX file

Hi,

I am new to this community and fairly new to Monogame. I have been trying to build my TMX map file (to XNB file) with MGCB Editor to no avail. It throws an error “Couldn’t find a default importer…”. When I click on the TMX file the properties show the Importer and Processor are “Invalid / Missing”. It works fine for PNG files. I have been looking everywhere through these forums and other places to look for a solution with no luck even though I see others have encountered this problem. Does anyone know how to solve this? Or, is there a better way to build/load maps for use with Monogame? Here are some details…

What I am using:

• VS 2022
  • Monogame (not extended) Desktop GL, Monogame Pipeline, and MGCB Editor 3.8.0.1641
  • TiledSharp 1.0.1
  • Tiled Map Editor

I have tried various things I’ve read about in other threads that have not worked…

• I’ve added references in MGCB to the Monogame DLL files
  • I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the MGCB editor and the Monogame NuGet packages
  • Exporting TMX file in Tiled to other formats (XML, CSV)

SOLUTION: I solved the problem by following the steps at the bottom of post (link below). However, it would absolutely not work with Monogame standard framework pipeline. I had to install the Monogame extended pipeline for it to build. Also, this meant that TiledSharp would no longer work. So, I just switched to Monogame.extended.tiled and I was able to get it all working and displaying a map in my game.