(Solved) MonoGame 3.6: Direct 3D Shader/Effect works on Windows 7 but not on Windows 10?

I’ve got a 3D FBX model and custom shader that works fine on Windows 7 but when I try to compile it on Windows 10 I get:

1. Pipeline processor compile error:

Content/Models/EarthModel.fbx: error: Importer ‘FbxImporter’ had unexpected failure!
Assim.AssimpException: Error importing file FBX-Parser (TOK_DATA, line 1565, col 7) unexpected token, expected TOK_KEY
at Assimp.AssimpContext.ImportFile( String file, PostProcessSteps postProcessFlags )

1. I’m also getting problems with a Direct3D shader/effect.

In Windows 7 it continues to work correctly but when I bring it over from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the shader, which is applied to a texture on a 3D model of a sphere, only shows a dark colored sphere with lighting. The texture and the shader/effect is not applied.

The shader/effect is compiling with no problems, what is different between Windows 7 and Windows 10 that might cause it not to work?

Can I supply more details that might give someone a clue on helping me figure it out?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Here is a GitHub repository that can demonstrate the problem:

OK, problem number one is something to do with GIT messing up line endings.

I’m still not sure what because GIT doesn’t show any changes to the file but I recopied a version of the EarhModel.fbx that I converted to DOS (CRLF) line endings and the conversion problem went away.

I don’t know why GIT wasn’t showing file differences.

This still leaves the second problem of not displaying the model (sphere) correctly.

If anyone has any ideas I would sure appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks.

I’ve created a bug issue for this:

Problem solved, thanks to GitHub @DaveCoper.

The problem was that the effect/shader was buggy and had a mismatch between one of the input structures and output structures.

I deleted one of the structures and changed the references so they both referenced the same structure and that fixed the problem so it works correctly on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.