[Solved] Nez particle system without Particle Designer

Hi i’m new to Monogame and I’m checking out a couple of extensions. I’m really excited about Nez and I’m starting to understand how it works, but I just can’t seem to grasp how the particle system can be used without Particle Designer. I can’t really find how to specify the particles I want to emit in a certain ParticleEmitter. Looking in the code I can see that the ParticleEmiter uses a pool of type particle to obtain a certain particle, but I don’t have any clue how to specify the particle itself. Some help would be greatly appreciated, as I’ve searched at various locations and couldn’t find anything about it. I wouldn’t mind making some newbie tutorials, but I’m still trying to grasp the very basics.

p.s. I couldn’t find a Nez related category, so I’m not sure if I’m asking this at the right place. Please tell me if there is a better place to discuss Nez related topics.

Found out that you can indeed do this by assigning a subtexture to the ParticleEmitterConfig, however this will not work right away. Some fields in the ParticleEmitterConfig have to be defined, else your emitter won’t emit anything.