This is a weird one that is most likely not a Monogame problem. Im asking here anyways because maybe someone have had the same problem.
When i do a fast click on the mouse buttons under the touchpad or tapping the touchpad on my laptop it wont register. A longer press do register but it’s enough of a problem to make coding a decent double click imposible.
mouseState = Mouse.GetState(); if(mouseState.LeftButton == ButtonState.Pressed) Console.WriteLine("pressed" + gameTime.TotalGameTime.Ticks);
I tried it on a different computer and it works fine so this is probably a computer/driver/os thing but “fast clicking” works everywhere except in a compiled monogame project.
This is what i have deducted by different tests:
- Updated, Reinstalled, Restarted Drivers and Computer don’t help.
- I tried it on a different laptop and everything works fine.
- Connecting a mouse works fine
- I have like 2 sets of ”mouse” buttons on the “problem” laptop and one works and the other don’t. (see image)
- In Windows and applications fast clicking/tapping works fine.
- Windows and Cross Platform project template dont work.
- Simulating an android device tapping and mouse clicking works (but this is different code ofc) i’m just mentioning this if to illustrate that i think the driver is working… ish.
- Have you heard of this problem at all?
- Any way i can rule out monogame as the problem 100%?
- Do any of you have a ide what i can try to make fast clicking work on my faulty laptop?