[SOLVED] Pipeline Tool is not working anymore - Importer 'FbxImporter' had unexpected failure!

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this issue, because this is getting on my nerves really. I have joined the Windows 10 Insider program at the beginning in April and I began to develop a game with Monogame. Since then, everytime Windows 10 is upgrading itself, the Monogame Pipeline tool is not working anymore. It gives me the folowing error message:

Importer ‘FbxImporter’ had unexpected failure!
Assimp.AssimpException: Error loading unmanaged library from path: Assimp64.dll, see inner exception for details.
The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) —> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at Assimp.Unmanaged.AssimpLibraryWindowsImplementation.NativeLoadLibrary(String path)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.AssimpLibraryImplementation.LoadAssimpLibrary(String path)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.AssimpLibrary.LoadLibrary()
at Assimp.Unmanaged.AssimpLibrary.LoadIfNotLoaded()
at Assimp.Unmanaged.AssimpLibrary.CreatePropertyStore()
at Assimp.AssimpContext.CreateConfigs()
at Assimp.AssimpContext.ImportFile(String file, PostProcessSteps postProcessFlags)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.OpenAssetImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentImporter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
at MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Builder.PipelineManager.ProcessContent(PipelineBuildEvent pipelineEvent)

The only solution I have found is that I download the newest Windows 10 ISO and make a clean install, and then reinstall everything and then everything works again … until I receive a new Win 10 upgrade …
I think I made at least 10 clean installs in the last 5 months and I am sick and tired of it. Simply reinstalling Monogame is not solving the issue.

Does anyone ahve any idea?

Thanks in advance!

I have found solution = (re)install Visual C++ Redistributable 2012:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-sa/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

1 Like