[SOLVED] Where to find Windows console app using Monogame 3.8?

I apologize if this is a very silly question! On 3.7 I had an OpenGL project and through Properties on VS, I selected Windows Console application for output, so that I could see Console.WriteLines and all that. I’m not familiar with .net core and SDK style templates, so where can I find that option again?

Thanks in advance!!

Debug.WriteLine…

That will work, thanks! So is there no way to have the console anymore?

1 Like

The console option is in the exact same place as it was before. You even wrote how to get there in your own post.

I think @shoris is talking about UWP apps? can you confirm this @shoris?

It says OpenGL in the first post

Please take another gander, I admit he is wording and writing his sentence terribly…

WTF I never edited that post?

EDIT

Is the forum broken?

I took multiple ganders, it looks fine to me. I’m not sure what you mean. Still though… only OP can verify

I apologize if this is a very silly question! 

On 3.7 I **had** an OpenGL project 

and through Properties on VS, I selected Windows Console application for output, so that I could see Console.WriteLines and all that. 

I’m not familiar with **.net core** and SDK style templates, 

so where can I find that option again?

This is how It should be broken down; I think you missed the ‘had’ part.

In my perspective, I have no clue what project he is trying now compared to his 3.7 experience.

Again, it could and should have been better worded. the leading question to me is even unclear as why would you do that when you would just output to the console in VS anyway?

Anyway, The console output option is not there for UWP apps is all I can say at this point :slight_smile:

PS.
@shoris
|
|_ Sorry about the derailment lol it happens on here often :stuck_out_tongue:
|__ I like your avatar pic!

@persn
|
|_ Let’s hope he gets back on this soon :slight_smile:

Side thought and again, ignoring some specifics, you could always code your own console you know :slight_smile:

Ah sorry to cause trouble. It is an OpenGL project, some of the appearance of VS changed around when I updated to 3.8-- I was using a Properties button that doesn’t exist anymore, but I found a different one that I hadn’t been aware of :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sorry for the poor wording and confusion, perhaps VS updated and I wasn’t aware of it, or there is just some difference in the appearance of my work station than others!

(As for why I’m using the console, it was just a preference that I wanted to keep using!)

1 Like

Yeah, I just assumed you were trying a different template or something haha!

Happy Coding!

1 Like

Not sure of the details you have, but i do know that MS recently changed things so you now have to put this in certain project files:
<OutputType>WinExe</OutputType>

<DisableWinExeOutputInference>true</DisableWinExeOutputInference>

See Visual Studio 16.8 just disabled having a console in a WPF Core 3.1 app? - Stack Overflow

1 Like