Tilemap loads on Windows but not on my Linux setup

Hi, I have set up my dev machine using Debian and I’m trying to migrate my old monogame project from my old Windows laptop to my new dev machine but I’m encountering a weird issue with ContentManager loading tilemaps (created in Tiled)

It works fine on my Windows machine but when I run my code, it seems to be trying to load wrong files for the layer information.

When I make my ContentManager.Load call, this is the error I get the following
(It’s an instance of Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager)

Could not find file '/{$path}/RiderProjects/MonoGame_core/bin/Debug/net6.0/Content/TileMaps/ndObjects%1%0%0%0 %0%0%0 %0%0%0%0%1%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%0%3%0%0%0%1%ABackground%1%0%0�.xnb'

It looks like this part is taken from the my file descriptor

XNBd^E^@^@^X^@^@^A?MonoGame.Extended.Tiled.TiledMapReader, MonoGame.Extended.Tiled^@^@^@^@^@^A^^^@^@^@^V^@^@^@ ^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^PPathAndObjects_0 ^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^@
  1 Background^A^@^@<80>?^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^^^@^@^@^V^@^@^@<94>^B^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^C^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^D^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^E^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^F^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^G^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^
  2 ^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^K^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^L^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^M^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^N^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^O^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^P^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^Q^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^R^@^@^@^C^@^@^@^S^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^T^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^U^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^V^@^@^@^B^@^@^@^W
  3 ^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^K^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^L^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^M^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^N^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^O^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^P^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^Q^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^R^@^A^@^S^@^@^@^S^@^A^@^Q^@^@^@^T^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^U^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^V^@^A^@^R^@^@^@^W
  4 ^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^K^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^L^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^M^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^N^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^O^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^P^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^Q^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^R^@^B^@^S^@^@^@^S^@^B^@^Q^@^@^@^T^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^U^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^V^@^B^@^R^@^@^@^W
  5 ^@^C^@^R^@^@^@^K^@^C^@^R^@^@^@^L^@^C^@^R^@^@^@^M^@^C^@

But the same asset works fine on my windows machine.
It’s just quite old so I’d like to move my development on my linux machine, and I don’t want to have to install Windows, lol

Does anyone know what could cause this?
I have mgcb on 3.8.0 and ran mgcb -r several times

(Although it’s possible my setup is not quite right since I set up my project manually in Rider and didn’t use a template)

Thank you

Is this how it’s supposed to look?

I’m not sure, I think it’s supposed to try to load PathAndObjects_0.xnb, but it continued reading past it until it read Background.

I just tried looking at the file on my Windows environment, and it looks the same, with no errors.

Okay, after trying this sample tileset from monogame.extended here, I noticed the sample didn’t “embed” tileset in the tmx file.

So I fixed it up the same way on linux and it worked!

Now I have to figure out my dotnet core compatibility, seems like manually adding dotnet core 3.0 (since it’s no longer supported by microsoft and was taken off sudo repository) is causing some other issues