Unable to install for VS2015 Enterprise

Hello guys,

I am totally new to MonoGame but I am also very interested in it. So I wanted to install it for my Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise, but the installer will not detect my Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Version while it is detecting my installed VS 2013 Community.

Is there a workaround or any fix for this problem? Importing the VS2013 templates to VS2015 Enterprise did not solve the problem (surprise, surprise!).

Thank you in advance

Edit: I used the Monogame 3.4 Installer for Visual Studio, my OS is Win10 64bit.

Sincerely

peatrak

The installer checks for the path “$DOCUMENTS\Visual Studio 2015\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#” (with $DOCUMENTS referring to your user documents folder). This is the default location of project templates for VS2015. Does this folder exist on your system?

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

No, it did not exist. I just created the folder right at this path and then the installer was able to install the templates. But after the install the “MonoGame” entry for the templates was not there. My actual VS2015 Project Templates folder is at: G:\Visual Studio\Visual Studio 2015\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\ . After copying the MonoGame Template folder from “$DOCUMENTS\Visual Studio 2015\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#” to the other folder the template appeared in VS. Will this cause any problems in the future?

Did you choose a different install location during the VS2015 install? How did you end up with that folder on G:? I’m wondering if there is something else we need to check, such as a registry key or similar in order to find this folder if it is not where it normally is located.

Actually on G: there are only the folders for ItemTemplates, Projects and ProjectTemplates. G: is something like my “workspace”.
VS2015 Enterprise is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0
But in $DOCUMENTS\Visual Studio 2015\ there are currently following folders:
ArchitectureExplorer
Backup Files
Projects
Source Control
StartPages
Templates