Visual Studio 2013 Templates not installed

Hello, this is my first post, so here goes

I have just installed Monogame 3.2 ( vs2013 support) but there are no templates in ether 2012 0r 2013 templates folder?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I’m having exactly the same issue. I’m been searching Google for answers. Have you found anything yet or heard anything?

For me the problem was that I run my computer (and visual studio 2013) on my regular user account, while the MonoGame installer required admin privileges to install. That seems to have installed the templates into the admin vs2013 template folder. After copying them into my user folder everything worked as it should.

Interesting idea. I first made sure to install the program under my user, and went to C:\users(my user account)\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\ but no MonoGame folder exists. I tried adding that folders and re-running the setup. No templates. I tried right-clicking the installer and selecting ‘Run as administrator’. No templates. I just can’t seem to get this install to put the templates anywhere.
I’m running Windows 8.1 Update 1 with Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate (all legit - I have a BizSpark account). I’m not sure exactly what to do next, other than install an earlier Visual Studio variant and copy things over, or maybe pluck the templates from the source tree. But it just seems the install simply isn’t working.

Ok, I finally figured this out. It is an odd scenario, but may affect others. I’m using VMWare fusion running Windows 8 and had sharing on with Mirrored Folder turned on for my documents. What ended up happening is that during the install the templates got added, but instead of saving locally they saved up to the file share to a folder on my Mac instead. Turning off document sharing and copying the templates over to the local Users/(user)/Visual Studio 2013/Templates/… made them (finally) show up for Visual Studio.
After that I found I needed to adjust the Windows Store template to set the template to 12.0.0 (instead of 11.0.0) and reinstall the templates from the command line. Finally, I needed to add ShardDX references from NuGet (because I’m doing WinRT) games. Whew. I think I’m good to go now.